Corporate Partnership Lead
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Contact Information
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1LpZToX. For questions, please email: email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1LpZToX
ABOUT THE ROLE: PRIVATE SECTOR PARTNERSHIP LEAD
The Rockefeller Foundation’s U.S. Youth Employment Initiative is facing an exciting, and challenging, opportunity. We are stepping out of our funding wheelhouse and taking on a high-touch partnership development and consulting approach with private-sector companies positioned to create more opportunities for youth. With a clear mission and an exceptional rolodex of allies in the space, we’re looking to bring on an ambitious and experienced professional to spearhead the strategy and execution of securing these employer partnerships.
This is a one-year, fixed term position and reports to the Managing Director, Global Markets.
WHO YOU ARE:
A Proactive Connector: It is in your nature to actively seek out opportunities to connect with others. Your inquisitive intuition leads to meaningful conversations with all – despite background, industry, or status – creating a network as wide as it is deep. This empathy towards others, coupled with your out-of-the-box thinking, enables you to see synergies where most don’t and drive results based on shared objectives.
A Strategic Do-er: You are a strong strategic thinker and problem-solver with a keen ability to synthesize relevant insights from diverse sources and translate into actionable choices. You thrive when confronted with the opportunity to solve the unsolvable as it brings to life that part of you that loves to think creatively, be resourceful, and roll-up-your-sleeves to achieve defined goals.
A Curious Learner: You are reflective and solutions-oriented, approaching every interaction and experience as an opportunity to learn and improve. You are able to effectively foster a culture of experimentation and continuous improvement by leading by example.
A Genuine Communicator: Your communication style is compelling, thoughtful, and clear, enabling you to be an effective ambassador for new ideas among a variety of audiences – internal and external, written and verbal. You are a master at balancing professional prose with humor and personality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Drive Partnership Development
- Build, prioritize and manage a pipeline of prospective employer partners (likely with external support)
- Actively source new partners for the Foundation and manage a portfolio of existing relationships
- Partner with RF senior leadership and stakeholders (Initiative management, Executive Team, Board members) to tap their networks and support their external engagement on behalf of the initiative
- Design and supervise implementation of team processes and tools that support external engagement (e.g., CRM)
- Help shape the broader strategy for engaging employers at scale as effort matures
Oversee Ongoing Employer Engagement
- Engage consultatively with prospective employer partners to deeply understand their needs and interests, design approaches for potential collaboration and support, and finalize partnerships that meet RF’s strategic objectives
- Source and manage a stable of consulting partners and other service providers to provide support to employer partners, ensuring quality and integration of learning
- Ensure quality of engagement between consulting partners and employer partners towards high impact outcomes
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- With a minimum of 6 years of experience engaging large companies in an advisory or business development capacity (e.g., consulting, B2B sales) – Bachelor’s degree required
- Who is an action-oriented, entrepreneurial person; a self-starter who works effectively independently as well as in teams
- With sound, mature judgment and integrity, someone who can professionally represent the Foundation and its work
- With a genuine commitment to the Rockefeller Foundation’s mission and core values – effectiveness, equity, integrity, innovation and leadership – and the particular social impact objectives of the U.S. Youth Employment effort
- With expertise in a variety of sales and partnership approaches and the ability to fluidly move from initial contact to finalizing a partnership
- With experience in managing a portfolio of opportunities to ensure the right attention is placed on the right opportunity at the right time
- Who is well-versed in blending process design with implementation, someone who is both an out-of-the-box thinker and unafraid to roll up their sleeves, ideally in a sales / business development context
MORE ABOUT THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION
For more than 100 years, The Rockefeller Foundation’s mission has been to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world. Today, The Rockefeller Foundation pursues this mission through dual goals: advancing inclusive economies that expand opportunities for more broadly shared prosperity, and building resilience by helping people, communities and institutions prepare for, withstand, and emerge stronger from acute shocks and chronic stresses. To achieve these goals, The Rockefeller Foundation works at the intersection of four focus areas – advance health, revalue ecosystems, secure livelihoods, and transform cities – to address the root causes of emerging challenges and create systemic change. Together with partners and grantees, The Rockefeller Foundation strives to catalyze and scale transformative innovations that create unlikely partnerships that span sectors.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
If you’re interested in being considered for this role, please complete the following application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to early applicants. We encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience. If you are chosen as a potential candidate, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by The Rockefeller Foundation team. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
*Note: The official title for this role as posted by the Rockefeller Foundation is “Associate Director, Partnership Development”. The original job description can be found here.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER