Cote d’Ivoire Country Director
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Who we are, and what we do
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised $24 million and has 300 full time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and has been named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
In the last 3 years, PEG has grown from 12 employees in Ghana to 300 employees across Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire and over a dozen investors and grantors.
In CI, we have over 6,000 customers, 70 salaried staff, 120 commission-based sales agents and 18 service centers. With this growth comes an increasingly amount of complexity to the overall operational management of the company. We are seeking an exceptional, experienced leader, with the ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced environment, to manage our growing team and lead us through the next stage of growth. The CI Country Director has oversight over sales, customer experience and operations and reports to the PEG Africa Group CEO.
• Hitting country wide sales, costs and revenue targets
• Ensuring the continuation of a high performance / people focused culture at PEG
• Ensuring high customer satisfaction
• Work with CEO to implement company strategy
The successful candidate must have:
• Outstanding people skills
• Experience managing large operations, customer service and field sales teams in a fast moving environment.
• Experience working in Africa.
• French and English fluency
Rolling applications, please apply as soon as possible.