Country Gender Specialist
- CORRE International, Inc.
- Philippines, Vietnam , Cambodia , Laos
- Job Type
- Contract, part-time
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please submit a resume with cover letter describing directly relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org via email with the subject line “Gender Specialist - Enhancing Equality in Energy for Southeast Asia”.
- Where to Apply
CORE International, a woman-owned international management consulting firm founded in 1984, is searching for a qualified and experienced part-time Country Gender Specialists to implement the three-year Enhancing Equality in Energy for Southeast Asia (EEE for SEA) Activity for the Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in Bangkok, Thailand (USAID/RDMA). The purpose of the EEE for SEA Activity is to enhance energy sector outcomes by improving gender equality in the Southeast Asia energy sector workforce. CORE’s requirement is for a part-time Country Gender Specialist initially for Thailand, for Indonesia, for the Philippines, and for Vietnam. Later, they may also have a part-time position available in Burma, in Cambodia, and in Lao PDR. These are on-demand short-term position for the three-year duration of the EEE for SEA Activity.
Responsibilities include: The Country Gender Specialist will conduct in-country research, surveys, and analyses, as required, on gender equality, opportunities for gender inclusion in energy sector entities, and identify key stakeholders for collaboration under the EEE for SEA Activity in her/his respective country. The specific roles and responsibilities of the Country Gender Specialist will include the following:
• Directly report to and work closely with the Senior Gender Specialist based in CORE’s Bangkok Field Office and conduct all tasks as assigned by the Senior Gender Specialist
• Based on instructions from the Senior Gender Specialist, conduct field research and surveys, as required, and collect data on prevailing gender gaps and opportunities for education and training and internships for girls and women
• Identify stakeholders interested in coaching and training to transform to gender-inclusive approach to public sector governance and private sector corporate management
• Work with project staff to ensure gender is appropriately integrated in all trainings
• Strategize methods to monitor instances of gender disparities along the various domains used by USAID and defined under the Activity
• Coordinate closely with the Gender and Coaching Advisors (Short-Term Specialists)
and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist during Activity implementation
• Integrate gender analysis and propose additional or alternative measures of gender-related outcomes and impact for all monitoring and evaluation work supported by the contract
• Document successful activities and methodologies for gender integration and success story reporting to RDMA/USAID
• Other tasks contributing to meeting gender equity and women’s empowerment targets and goals, equity and empowerment for marginalized groups, and other contributions as assigned by the Senior Gender Specialist and Activity Director
• Bachelor’s degree in social science, development studies, gender, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working on gender issues.
• Experience working in Southeast Asia.
• Demonstrated experience in gender data collection and analysis; survey design and surveys; stakeholder engagement with universities, government agencies, and energy industry; and gender integration in development programming.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor programs.
• Prior experience with international donor programs, experience with prior USAID or other donor programs highly preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. More information regarding CORE International, Inc. can be found at www.coreintl.com.
Please submit a resume with cover letter describing directly relevant experience to email@example.com via email with the subject line “Gender Specialist – Enhancing Equality in Energy for Southeast Asia”.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.