- Uzima Chicken
- Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
About the Company
Uzima Chicken is a rapidly growing enterprise focused on making smallholder farmers healthier and wealthier through poultry. Uzima is owned by Flow Equity, a U.S.-based venture development group with a track record of success in Africa. Flow Equity founded Uzima’s sister company EthioChicken in 2010. Today, EthioChicken is the market leader in Ethiopia with over 1,000 employees, eight production facilities and annual sales of 15m day-old chicks. EthioChicken was awarded the 2018 Financial Times “Boldness in Business Award” and the group has attracted investments from Finnfund, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Arabica Investments, AgDevCo, AHL Venture Partners, Acumen and AECF.
Based on EthioChicken’s success, Flow Equity acquired the Rubirizi National Hatchery in Rwanda in 2017 and formed Uzima Chicken as its poultry platform for East Africa. Over the next five years, Uzima aims to be the leading smallholder-focused poultry enterprise in Rwanda and Uganda.
Uzima is seeking a Country Manager to help build a national organization and lead its entry into the Ugandan market. This is a high-impact, high-growth leadership role with full P&L responsibility. The Country Manager reports to the Managing Director and will be overall responsible for activities in Uganda, including team recruitment and development, sales and marketing, strategy and planning, finance, administration and reporting.
We are seeking a candidate who has the following characteristics:
• Passion for serving smallholder farmers and customers
• Strong managerial and leadership capabilities
• Track record of success in an African context, entrepreneurial
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Fluent in principles of sales and marketing
• Strategic thinker who is also detail oriented
• Hands-on leader who knows how and when to delegate
• Capacity to represent the Company among key stakeholders at national level
• Thrives in a culture of discipline, accountability and commitment to excellence
Remuneration & Benefits:
Uzima Chicken offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief summary or e-mail introducing yourself with the subject line: Country Manager – Uganda