Country Program Manager (Tanzania)
- Fundación Capital
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
What are we offering?
Fundación Capital is currently seeking an experienced development professional to develop, implement and manage partnerships and programs in Tanzania and other countries in the East and Southern Africa (ESA) region. We are looking for an outstanding professional with at least seven years of accredited professional experience in social, economic and/or financial inclusion. S/he will need to be based in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) with availability to travel up to 25% of their time. Our team is driven and ambitious, multicultural and interdisciplinary, and we are recruiting a like-minded individual that is committed to achieving sustainable and scalable social impact. We will provide a competitive consultancy fee under a one-year service provision contract that is open to a longer- term relationship. On offer is an entrepreneurial and challenging position with lots of opportunity to turn ideas into reality, working alongside an inspiring, diverse and international team to create a better tomorrow for millions living in poverty.
Who are we?
Fundación Capital (FundaK) is an award-winning and innovative international organization, working across 18 countries in three regions (Latin America, Africa and Asia) with the mission of advancing economic citizenship globally and at scale. Taking a systems-change social enterprise approach to poverty reduction, FundaK works in partnership with the public and private sectors, and taps into important partnership networks like the Schwab and Skoll Foundation networks and Ashoka. We design, develop and implement initiatives to help individuals living in poverty to build, grow, manage and protect their financial, human, physical and social assets. (www.fundacioncapital.org)
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
○ Program Coordination: manage and implement program activities on the ground, in partnership with public and private stakeholders.
○ Country Office Operations & Budget: establish and manage an Annual Operating Plan for the country office, and ensure the effective implementation and execution of existing projects and contracts; define and monitor key performance indicators.
○ Business Development: identify new business opportunities, projects, strategic alliances and financing, that align with FundaK’s expertise and capabilities, and which contribute to deepening social impact and operations in Tanzania and the ESA region more broadly.
○ Networking & Stakeholder Relationships: build and maintain partnerships with allies, donors
and clients, including providing technical inputs for more effective public policy and encouraging South-South collaboration; position, promote and represent FundaK at local and international meetings, working groups and conferences.
○ Staff Supervision and Coordination: manage a team of short and longer-term consultants in
the country, and coordinate with the international team on strategic, technical and operational issues; coordinate new recruitments in the region, as necessary.
Who are we looking for?
The person we are looking for should be
○ highly committed to social inclusion and international development issues;
○ an empathic and sociable person with the ability to relate excellently with people from very
different backgrounds, from those living in poverty to high-level representatives of governments and international organizations;
○ an outstanding leader and listener that can select, motivate and develop staff;
○ a convincing spokes(wo)man and inspiring communicator able to translate ideas into impact;
○ entrepreneurial, dynamic and creative, with the ability to multi-task, set priorities for
themselves and their team, and demonstrate tangible and measurable results.
○ Languages: perfect command of English (oral and written); Swahili skills strongly preferred;
Knowledge of additional languages will be looked upon favorably.
○ Skills & Knowledge:
➢ Broad knowledge of international development, including more specifically social,
financial and economic inclusion, public policy and advocacy.
➢ Management and project implementation skills, including time management, budget planning, and project execution.
➢ Applied research and analysis, and effective reporting to partners and funders.
➢ External communication skills, with a proven ability to design programs, write proposals, raise funds, and create new business opportunities that are aligned with the organization’s mission.
➢ Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to manage team.
○ Work Experience:
➢ At least seven years of accredited professional experience in international development, with a focus on social, financial and economic inclusion, social protection, rural development, policy advocacy, and/or asset-building for vulnerable and low-income populations.
➢ Experience working with governments, public and private entities.
➢ Experience living and working in lower income countries, particularly on the African continent.
➢ Field experience, and ability to work effectively in low resource environments.
➢ Experience in project design and implementation, budget design and management, and effective monitoring and evaluation.
○ Education: University degree in economics, political science, international development or a related discipline; master’s degree preferred.