Credit Administration Associate
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Contact: Liz KarageorgosHR Operations Associatejobsemail@example.com Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Please type “CA Associate” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “CA Associate ”– Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
1. General Support in Loan Documentation and Closing 30%
a) Facilitate credit approvals as needed, including: coordinate credit approvals for Indonesia and Haiti; provide administrative support to Global level approvals; track all approvals and modifications in process
b) Manage execution of original loan documents, including receipt, signing, filing and mailing
c) Collaborate with Root Capital’s general counsel and the Director of Credit Administration to maintain up-to-date template loan documents
d) Maintain and update the form of Root’s credit application and notices including approval, maturity and default
e) Coordinate document translation
f) Conduct credit checks on new buyers or counterparties
g) Support regional workout and collections staff with the preparation of default and other client notices
2. Procedure and process documentation and improvement 20%
a) Support Director of Credit Administration to develop and maintain credit administration process manuals
b) Support Credit Administration process improvement initiatives, including testing new processes and analyzing results, finalizing training material and coordinating training when new processes are launched
3. Coordinate agency services for loan syndications and participations, and third party fund management 30%
a) Prepare occasional participation offer lists in coordination with Investor Relations
b) Prepare co-lender/ participant reports and field questions as needed, including coordinating with and gathering information from other departments. Ensure compliance with unique covenants and reporting requirements of individual participation agreements.
c) Coordinate with client relationship team in field. Responsibilities include informing credit teams about specific terms of co-lender/ participant relationships, preparing staff to present to co-lenders, and collecting information in response to co-lender/ participant requests
d) Track participations and prepare internal reports on participation balances
e) Draft participation certificates and requests to fund
f) Monitor participated/ agented loans and notify Investor Relations, as required
4. Portfolio reporting 20%
a) Support the Finance Planning & Analysis team with the preparation of Lending-related compliance reports for Root Capital investors
b) Support external and internal audits, including the provision of credit file information as needed
c) Manage administration of loan guarantee programs, including reporting and claims processing
Other tasks or projects as assigned.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this role.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, economics, business, or other relevant discipline.
- 1-3 years previous experience in loan processing, documentation, or servicing preferred.
· Familiarity with loan documentation, loan closing processes, and/ or agented lending transactions preferred.
· Attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills.
· Collaborative work style and team ethic.
· Fluency in written and spoken Spanish, French a plus.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and professional maturity; ability to work independently, think creatively, and know when to seek support.
· Passion for Root Capital’s commitment to worldwide poverty alleviation and environmental conservation.
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Commensurate with experience.