- MPOWER Financing
- Washington, DC
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
You’ll serve in a central role on the MPOWER team. As a Credit Analyst, you will have both operational and strategic responsibilities.
- Interacting with student applicants and analyzing credit data daily
- Scoring loan applicants using MPOWER’s proprietary algorithm and supporting databases
- Performing analysis to support loan product design, pricing, market sizing, and channel strategies
- Enhancing MPOWER’s credit processes and proprietary credit algorithm
- Expanding and structuring MPOWER’s proprietary data sets
- Identifying and escalating opportunities to improve on MPOWER’s data structures, and working with the VP of credit to implement change
This is a full-time position located in Washington DC and reports directly to MPOWER’s VP of Credit Analytics.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a quantitative field
- 2+ years in traditional consumer credit underwriting
- Advanced excel modeling skills
- Experience setting up and manipulating large data tables
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment a plus
- Experience working with international consumers a plus
- Experience in alternative / thin file credit risk scoring a plus
- Experience with advanced statistical and/or modeling tools a plus e.g., SPSS, SAS
- Additionally, the candidate should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small and agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and an 80-20 iterative approach to everything.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include salary, performance bonus, and equity components.
Send us your resume with a short statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.