CREDIT DIRECTOR: IVORY COAST
- PEG AFRICA
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
PEG Cote d’Ivoire is looking for a new member of its management team responsible for driving the commercial strategies to minimize credit risk and meet revenue targets from our customer base. The role will drive the identification, development and implementation of all commercial opportunities driving sustainable growth.
The successful candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset that thrives in a start-up environment, a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities. The role spans driving repayment focus within the sales team, CVM (Customer Value Management), in-life customer channel management and Mobile Money, and requires the ability to create partnerships to drive a thriving mobile money ecosystem.
Core responsibilities include:
– Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives to increase revenue per user and minimize credit risk, including redefining sales processes to ensure a repayment focus whilst not hindering growth
– Build and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
– Drive Company Credit performance through KPIs and supporting metrics, and develop reports for senior management and board
The successful candidate must have:
● A minimum of 1 year experience working in West Africa
● Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Engineering, Economics, Management or a related field
● Experience in a fast growing, dynamic work environment
● Sophisticated analytical skills, and a data-driven approach to analyzing complex problems. Experience with credit scoring, customer segmentation a plus
● Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be innovative and comfortable to challenge the status quo
● Fluency in French and English
Who we are, and what we do
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product, a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger, and a radio, allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time. To date, PEG has raised $10 million and has 200 full time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast.