Cross Department Manager
- ImpactUs Marketplace LLC
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Contact Information
ImpactUs Marketplace LLC Seeks:
Cross Department Manager
Who is ImpactUs?
ImpactUs Marketplace helps connect investors with mission-driven institutions in the U.S. and around the globe who are working to improve their communities through sustainable agriculture, microfinance, and/or facilitating access to affordable basic services including housing, healthcare, and education. By leveraging financial technology ImpactUs makes it easy to invest in the work of these institutions, offering the potential for financial returns with a purpose. Investors and their advisors can source, evaluate, transact, and monitor impact investments with a wide variety of risk and return profiles — at no cost — all in a secure, reliable, online environment.
The firm and associates value: integrity, resourcefulness, results, civic engagement, transparency, diversity, collaboration, and excellence. Inspired by a history of cross-sector collaboration, led by highly experienced staff, and built on leading technologies, the online marketplace will expand impact investing opportunities, simplify investment processes, increase efficiency, and lower transactions costs. We believe that the application of technology, policy, and innovation can unlock a powerful new stream of investment into the long-standing challenges and emerging opportunities in the financial and social sectors.
ImpactUs hired three highly experienced staff members in 2015 including its first CEO and President; CCO/COO; and VP Client Engagement. It quickly expanded with the support of an estimated 5 consultants to help build the Marketplace technology and support the back-end administration through large and highly seasoned third party partners. The organization is structured by function with many senior leaders responsible for 1-2 functional areas (eg Sales and Marketing; Compliance and Operations; Due Diligence, Sourcing and Investment Products, etc). The CEO and all Associates are responsible for contributing to the execution on strategy and required adjustments to strategy when warranted. The Senior Management Team, to which the Cross Department Manager reports, also coordinate and manage a series of third party relationships/contracts that serve administrative, payment agent, due diligence, marketing and other services to clients and stakeholders.
ImpactUs seeks two full time Cross Department Managers who will serve as key contributors to the start-up and growth of the ImpactUs Marketplace. Current functional deployments will include each associate contributing within two functional departments during any given rotation; such as: Due Diligence, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Project Management and Executive Office. The Responsibility and Purpose is to provide a great entry opportunity for candidates with previous work experience and for those with strong motivation to learn and contribute in the Impact Investing, FinTech broker dealer and/or relevant functional departments.
• Alternately Lead and Contribute to key project(s) and business results within the business and amongst stakeholders
• Support at least two key functional areas of the business with day to day responsibilities focused on creative problem solving, timely execution and providing needed research or insight.
• Rapid synthesis and packaging of qualitative and quantitative information into action oriented plans that inform key departments, executive management and board of directors.
• Own at least 1 strategic project per quarter and deliver assessment and recommendations to Senior/Executive team for potential inclusion in near or longer terms plans.
• Demonstrate and live the mission, values of the organization in spirit and substance: shared prosperity, innovation, transparency, collaboration, pragmatic realism, excellence and results.
• Provide other support as may be needed from time to time and as time and talent warrant.
Essential Qualities, Skills and Experiences:
• 5+ years of previous professional services work experience required (or 3+ years with relevant advanced degree).
• Demonstrated academic and professional interest (and preferably experience) in at least two relevant functional areas including: strategic marketing, communications, sales, compliance, operations, investment analysis, project management, technology, and/or other relevant areas of the business.
• Extremely strong levels of initiative, appreciative inquiry, written and oral communications skills.
• Demonstrated experience juggling and prioritizing multiple projects concurrently.
• Demonstrated interest and experience in the Sustainable and Responsible Investment (SRI) field, Impact Investing, LOHAS and BCorp spaces.
• High level proficiency in MS and other office productivity programs such as: MS Word, PPT, Excel, Mail, PowerPoint; Salesforce; Social Media, etc.)
• Ability to work independently and prepare professional customer ready materials or deliverables with modest oversight.
• Strong academic background with relevant graduate degree preferred. All majors welcome; business, public policy, tech/social media and related fields preferred
• Strong analytic skills, high motivation levels, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional references who can collaborate increasing ability for added responsibility, growth and organizational contributions.
• Bachelor’s Degree with an MBA or JD preferred
• Series 7 and 63 (within 6 months)
• Duties are performed in a fast paced, professional and collegial office environment
• Travel dependent on departments supported
• Initial office in Washington, DC
ImpactUs is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity as a guiding principle as well as an investment concept. Interested and qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.