- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Role: Associate, Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy
Type: Early- to mid-career
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: January 15, 2018 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic philanthropy, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an early- to mid-career individual with an interest in consulting, impact investing, corporate citizenship, and philanthropy.
The Associate will have an opportunity to play an important role on client projects, including through project management, supporting client management, guiding research and analysis, and contributing to the development of client materials. Tideline’s clients include top-tier financial and philanthropic institutions working on a wide range of issues related to strategic philanthropy and impact investing, so there will be excellent opportunities to build broad and practical knowledge.
Specifically, the Associate will have the opportunity to work directly with one of the leading global financial institutions, supporting the company’s development and implementation of a philanthropic and corporate citizenship initiative. This position will be based in Tideline’s New York office, but will require ongoing work out of the client’s offices and close collaboration with the client’s program leadership.
Core responsibilities include:
– Supporting or leading project management for client projects
– Supporting or leading client management
– Managing and coordinating with project team members
– Guiding and performing research and analysis related to client projects, particularly trends in corporate citizenship and philanthropy, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, expert interviews, etc.
– Supporting a client’s grant giving program by coordinating outreach to grantees and evaluating proposals
– Developing client materials, including PowerPoint presentations and reports
– Supporting preparations for, and participating in, team brainstorming and strategy development for client projects
– Supporting financial analysis and modeling efforts for client projects (as applicable given candidate experience)
The ideal candidate has a flexible, curious mindset; an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; and a commitment to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experience level include:
– Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in relevant field a plus though not required
– Four to six years of work experience in corporate citizenship with corporations and/or large financial institutions
– Ideally, work experience that provided exposure to corporate reputation and brand management and corporate communications
– Grantmaking due diligence and grants management experience preferred
– Finance, consulting, impact investing, and/or research experience and knowledge preferred
– Project management-related or analogous experience
– Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization, both individually and as part of a team
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
– Record of exercised leadership and initiative
– Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
– Ability to work effectively under time pressure
– Sense of humor and self-awareness
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Link to job application: https://tideline.bamboohr.com/