Cultivation Commercial Manager
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time, contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
As our Cultivation Commercial Manager, you will work directly with our Cultivation team, and provide knowledge and facilitation of market strategies, positioning, pricing and channel opening, both in workshops and in market boosts to incorporate to the methodology of Alterna.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop pensum to boost market (specialized workshops in the market to strengthen the entrepreneur\’s skills in terms of sales projections and brand positioning).
• Develop and present market content according to the sector and local context to attend the leveling and market boost workshop.
• Be able to create and follow schemes to accompany a large group of entrepreneurs in different stages, sectors and with different levels of depth.
• You will work with a young and passionate team, and benefits from a high professional projection and exposure in the ecosystem of social entrepreneurship and impact investment.
• The position is based in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, with possible trips to Guatemala City and other places in the country.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finances or strategy, – having a Master’s degree is an advantage.
• At least 3 years of professional experience.
• Previous experience in the creation and monitoring of (income statement) companies, brands or product lines.
• Experience in the development, penetration and positioning of products and services in national and regional markets.
• Experience in marketing strategies, competition analysis and sales for products and services.
• Be able to create the sales funnel (from prospecting to closing and after sales service), as well as establishing prices and sales projections.
• Proficiency in Office Suite, especially in Excel.
• Fluency in Spanish and English (verbal and writing).
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context – Previous experience in a developing country is a strong plus.
• Effective communicator and positive influencer.
• Change-driver with a “can do” mindset, adaptable and creative out of the box thinker with a learning attitude.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT & COMPENSATION
• The level of remuneration will be discussed according to your profile and level of experience, with the possibility of annual increase according to budget and performance.
• The contracting will be carried out under the consultancy modality for a period of 32 months, through a contract signed with Alterna.
• You can find the full Terms of Reference for the post on our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Alterna is the first center of social innovation and entrepreneurship in Central America. We work for a world in which positive change can be generated from any context, catalyzing entrepreneurship from the local. Using a methodology that is the result of five years launching social enterprises and working directly with entrepreneurs in the region, Alterna has supported over 700 local entrepreneurs through its “cultivation programs ™” (coaching, training and business consulting).