Cultivation Finance Manager
- Quetzaltenango Department, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time, contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Alterna is the first center of social innovation and entrepreneurship in Central America. We work for a world in which positive change can be generated from any context, catalyzing entrepreneurship from the local. Using a methodology that is the result of five years launching social enterprises and working directly with entrepreneurs in the region, Alterna has supported over 700 local entrepreneurs through its “cultivation programs ™” (coaching, training and business consulting).
As our Cultivation Finance Manager, you will work directly with our Cultivation team, and provide knowledge and facilitation of cost strategies, projection of finances, analysis of financial statements in both leveling workshops and in finance boosts to incorporate the Alterna methodology.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop pensum to boost finances (specialized workshops in finance to strengthen the skills of the entrepreneur in terms of cost analysis and financial projections).
• Coordinate and facilitate the boost of finances, working in conjunction with the internal team of Alterna for its implementation.
• Support the development of materials and finance templates for entrepreneurs.
• Be able to create and follow schemes to accompany a large group of entrepreneurs in different stages, sectors and with different levels of depth.
• You will work with a young and passionate team, and benefits from a high professional projection and exposure in the ecosystem of social entrepreneurship and impact investment.
• The position is based in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, with possible trips to Guatemala City and other places in the country.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finances or strategy, – having a Master’s degree is an advantage.
• At least 3 years of professional experience.
• Previous experience in issues of generating financial modeling for different levels of companies (from ideas stages to companies with high growth potential).
• Experience in construction of financial assumptions, validation of assumptions and unit economics.
• Previous experience in handling financial flows and financial statements.
• Proficiency in Office Suite, especially in Excel.
• Fluency in Spanish and English (verbal and writing).
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context – Previous experience in a developing country is a strong plus.
• Effective communicator and positive influencer.
• Change-driver with a “can do” mindset, adaptable and creative out of the box thinker with a learning attitude.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT & COMPENSATION
• The level of remuneration will be discussed according to your profile and level of experience, with the possibility of annual increase according to budget and performance.
• The contracting will be carried out under the consultancy modality for a period of 33 months (starting the 1.12.2017), through a contract signed with Alterna.
• You can find the full Terms of Reference for the post on our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application soon!