Cultivation Portfolio Manager
- Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time, contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
As our Cultivation Portfolio Manager, you will work directly with our Cultivation team, and ensure a healthy and balanced investment portfolio from its structuring to its completion, within the framework of the Seed Capital Acceleration Project for Disruptive Enterprises to ensure quality of the cultivation services in Alterna.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop the integral Due Diligence process for each entrepreneur prior to receiving the investment.
• Ensure that each entrepreneur’s file is in order and complete and generate status reports for the entrepreneurs and the investment portfolio.
• Develop administrative mechanisms for the due follow-up of the entrepreneur who is ready to present before the credit committee.
• You will work with a young and passionate team, and benefits from a high professional projection and exposure in the ecosystem of social entrepreneurship and impact investment.
• The position is based in Guatemala City, Guatemala, with possible trips to Quetzaltenango and other places in the country.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finances or strategy, – having a Master’s degree is an advantage.
• At least 3 years of professional experience.
• Previous experience in portfolio management of impact investment, preparation for investment and portfolio recovery.
• Experience in working with instruments mainly of debt but also of capital.
• Experience in Venture Capital portfolio management (or even in SMEs) and trends in investment and impact investment in early stages.
• Proficiency in Office Suite, especially in Excel.
• Fluency in Spanish and English (verbal and writing).
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context – Previous experience in a developing country is a strong plus.
• Effective communicator and positive influencer.
• Change-driver with a “can do” mindset, adaptable and creative out of the box thinker with a learning attitude.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT & COMPENSATION
• The level of remuneration will be discussed according to your profile and level of experience, with the possibility of annual increase according to budget and performance.
• The contracting will be carried out under the consultancy modality for a period of 32 months (starting the 08.01.2018), through a contract signed with Alterna.
• You can find the full Terms of Reference for the post on our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Alterna is the first center of social innovation and entrepreneurship in Central America. We work for a world in which positive change can be generated from any context, catalyzing entrepreneurship from the local. Using a methodology that is the result of five years launching social enterprises and working directly with entrepreneurs in the region, Alterna has supported over 700 local entrepreneurs through its “cultivation programs ™” (coaching, training and business consulting).