Customer Insights Intern
- Simpa Networks
- Delhi, India with extensive field travel (Visa will not be sponsored)
- Job Type
- Full-time, Internship
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Simpa Energy seeks a Customer Insights Intern to support the development of its cutting edge, radically affordable home energy systems. The person would have responsibility for collecting consumer, competition and market insights to help develop new product offerings and related service innovation, while working closely with cross functional teams. You will use human centric design thinking as you engage with customers and the service channel in rural settings to deepen our understanding of their energy needs, trigger for purchase, market trends etc. This position will be paid a monthly stipend.
You must possess a unique blend of research, business, design and technical savviness; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge technical-commercial worlds with the end consumer, with creative and innovative insights, ultimately expanding access to modern energy.
The position will report to the Lead – Insights & Projects, with key responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Develop and share a deep understanding of customer needs, triggers for purchase and affordability
• Develop & test hypotheses on a rapid basis, based on field research, for commercial go / no-go decision
• Prepare competitive landscape
• Converting market / consumer / competition insights into design input
Required Skills & Experience:
• Mindset which demonstrates empathy with the lives of people in rural India, thinking of solutions from their perspective
• Exposure to the nuances of using qualitative and quantitative research to frame design inputs, especially in rural India
• Interest in Human Centered Design, and Lean Startup methodologies
• Demonstrate extreme attention to detail
• Excels at working in ambiguous situations and within fast-moving entrepreneurial organizations
• Strong blend of analytical and creative problem-solving skills
How to Apply
This position will be paid a monthly stipend.
Simpa Energy sells solar power systems using pay as you go model to households and shops in rural India. We are a venture-backed social enterprise with a bold mission: to make modern energy simple, affordable, and accessible for everyone. Simpa’s unique proposition is the integration of energy and financing at the point of sale into one simple solar power system solution for the customer.
Underpinning this unique proposition are two innovations:
1) Our technology-enabled ‘Progressive Purchase’ pay-as-you-go model; and
2) Our operating model, where we develop and work through local Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) for on-field delivery of our proposition to our customers.
The company is pursuing a market opportunity of 1 million solar rooftops by 2020