Customer Success Specialist
- MPOWER Financing
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields, all passionate about removing financial barriers to education. As a FinTech startup that is funded by a preeminent Private Equity firm, as well as top institutional investors, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
You’ll be the first point of contact and voice of the company to our borrowers. Your focus will be to deliver a superior experience for each and every one of our students. This includes, but is not limited to:
– Understanding MPOWER’s product line and explaining all features to prospective borrowers, including loan terminology and calculations.
– Supporting students through the loan application process and preparing their credit file for underwriting review.
– Being a liaison with MPOWER’s tech and operations team and communicating your ideas for enhancements to the loan application and borrower portal.
– Being a liaison with MPOWER’s marketing team and reporting any opportunities and insights gained from interacting with the students.
– Collecting and analyzing borrower data and trends to better help MPOWER’s operations team to optimize the borrower experience by creating basic reports in word or excel (e.g., tracking student contact volume).
– Undergraduate degree, or higher.
– At least 1-3 years call center, help desk or similar customer service experience in a fast paced environment.
– Outstanding written and verbal skills and comfort communicating with customers via phone, email and chat.
– Strong computer skills including comfort with MS Office Suite, Salesforce, and general internet savvy.
– Basic understanding of financial services a must – banking, underwriting, or loan processing experience is a plus.
– First hand understanding of MPOWER’s mission; passion for making a positive impact on student’s lives.
– Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Send us your resume with a short statement of interest to email@example.com.