- Good World Solutions
- Contact Information
Good World Solutions is an award-winning social enterprise recognized by the Gratitude Network, Tech Awards, Global Social Benefit Institute, GSMA Global Mobile Awards and Ethical Corporation¡¦s Responsible Business Awards. We build transparency across global supply chains by implementing affordable, scalable web and mobile technologies. Our solutions monitor working conditions, track social impact, promote fair wages and communicate directly with workers at the base-of-the-pyramid.
Laborlink translates worker voices into actionable analytics that enable socially responsible supply chains. Surveys are designed to improve workers¡¦ lives by giving workers an anonymous feedback channel on working conditions, job satisfaction and worker needs, and by tracking the effectiveness of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs. In a few short years, Laborlink has reached over 400,000 farmers and workers in 16 countries, including Brazil, China and India, giving respondents an anonymous reporting channel and giving companies real-time data from their supply chains. We aim to reach 1 million farmers and workers by 2018.
We are seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Analyst with advanced data science skills to join our growing Data Insights team. The Analyst will play a key role in building GWS¡¦s internal Data Insights toolkit and knowledge base, by researching, adapting, and implementing a range of advanced data analysis techniques to meet client needs and support GWS¡¦s mission. The Analyst will also support Laborlink survey implementation, including survey design, data validation, and data visualization. Experience analyzing and presenting large datasets, strong collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment are required.
Facilitating Laborlink¡¦s long-term sustainability by:
– Supporting the development and integration of the organization¡¦s Data Insights toolkit
– Exploring and implementing new analytical approaches, including predictive analysis and key driver analysis
– Incorporating the analysis of passive/objective data from new data sources to complement Laborlink worker survey data
– Analyzing internal and external data to identify trends and insights in key geographies and industries
– Researching theoretical models related to major risk areas in Laborlink¡¦s key markets
– Researching and reporting on trends in social auditing, HR/employee engagement, and ethical certification
– Establishing Good World Solutions¡¦ thought-leadership by supporting the publishing of public-facing articles, blogs, and white papers
– Supporting the Marketing & Communications team on data-related requests
Supporting the design and execution of Laborlink surveys by:
– Creating survey instruments adapted to target audiences across countries and industries
– Analyzing survey results to identify factory-level/project-level trends, differences between sub-groups of workers, key drivers, areas of risk, and opportunities for improvement
– Creating data visualizations to provide clients with actionable data they can use to drive informed ethical sourcing decisions
– Presenting or supporting the presentation of survey findings to clients and stakeholders via live data demos
– Creating or supporting the creation of customized written reports based on clients¡¦ needs
BA/BS in Statistics, Business, Economics, Social Science or similar discipline
Interest or experience in ICT4D, social enterprise, or international development, and passion for Good World Solutions¡¦ mission
Strong enthusiasm for statistics and mathematics
Robust analytical and Excel skills, with experience conducting exploratory data analysis
Knowledge of Python or SQL
Knowledge of linear regression, logistic regression, LARS, LASSO, support vector machines, ANOVA and/or ANCOVA models
Proficient in statistical inference (the ability to explain tests, distributions, etc.)
Demonstrated experience identifying and adjusting for imperfections in data
Experience synthesizing and presenting complex data verbally and in writing
Experience researching publically available data and other information sources
Experience with data exploration and visualization tools, preferably Tableau
Master\’s Degree in Statistics, Business, Economics, Social Science or similar discipline
Background knowledge in survey design, survey methodology, and impact measurement
Knowledge of machine learning (k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods)
Familiarity with Adobe InDesign
Foreign language skills (especially Hindi, Bengali, Mandarin, Khmer, Vietnamese, or Turkish)
We are not sponsoring work authorization in the US at this time.
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
COMPENSATION: $43,000 – $48,000 annually with a competitive benefits package.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and a writing sample illustrating relevant qualifications firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ¡§GWS Data Analyst.¡¨ Please include your availability in your cover letter. Only finalists will be contacted.