Data Analyst Fellow
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time Fellowship
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Alterna is looking for a highly qualified and driven professional to join the team that is responsible for the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of Alterna programs, activities and diverse initiatives. This professional will directly support Alterna’s high growth trajectory, maximizing our impact with social entrepreneurs, partners, and the ecosystem at large.
This candidate will join Alterna on November 5, 2018 with a minimum 1 year commitment, after which the contract can be reevaluated for the possibility of extension.
As our Data Analyst Fellow, you will work directly with the M&E team to take our data management system and impact evaluation to the next level. Your specific responsibilities will include:
* Oversee the data management process: collection, organization, and maintenance of the various data types and structures
* Analyze complex and unique data sets and generate insight reports for the Alterna team and our investors to identify and develop effective strategies that inform the decision-making process
* Work closely with department managers to identify and prioritize business and information needs; in particular, with the Cultivation team to facilitate data collection processes from entrepreneurs and to streamline the flow of information
* Actively support migration to a new CRM platform: optimize database design, troubleshoot, set and enforce data standards and controls, and continuously improve the effectiveness of database tools and services
* Develop creative and innovative solutions to the exciting challenges facing our sector regarding impact assessment and data integrity
* Conduct ongoing research about social innovation, impact investing, M&E best practices, and more to drive Alterna’s continuous learning and organizational growth
Please note that the Fellow will work directly with the M&E Coordinator and the members of the team to execute and receive feedback and support in defined activities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Key areas of expertise for a successful candidate include:
* Minimum 1 year of professional experience as a data manager or relevant hands-on experience
* Prior professional experience with CRM platforms; experience in using Salesforce or Zoho is a plus
* Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Data Analysis, Computer Science, IT or related fields; Master degree is a plus
* Professional working proficiency in English (verbal and writing), and a minimum basic competency in Spanish
* Excellent Proficiency in Office suite, including strong Excel abilities and presentation skills
* Knowledge of a programming language (Python, C++, etc.) and/or statistical software (R, SPSS, STATA, etc.) is a plus
Personal skills and abilities include:
* A demonstrated balance of autonomy and self-motivation with strong team collaboration skills
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage complexity and adapt to challenges with minimal resources
* Humility, empathy and cultural sensitivity
* A sense of humor and contagious energy
The position will be located in Quetzaltenango, the second largest city in Guatemala and the bustling capital of the highlands. Candidates will be offered a stipend aligned to the local cost of living.
In addition, Alterna’s Fellowship program provides the unique opportunity to:
* Join the pioneer organization of the impact sector in Central America and gain unparalleled exposure to initiatives that are breaking boundaries in a rapidly developing region
* Advance a professional skill set and generate a lasting impact on Alterna and on the ecosystem
* Gain hands-on experience in a developing context and the Latin American entrepreneurship ecosystem, granting first-hand insights on best practices in social innovation
* Connect with a network of over ~1,200+ regional entrepreneurs and a wide-reaching network of global impact leaders, presenting invaluable opportunities for professional connections and opportunities
* Work in an exciting, multicultural setting with the international, passionate, and fun-loving tribe of Alterna
* Seize a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live the rich history, culture, and reality of Guatemala, the heart of the Mayan civilization and Central America\’s most diverse country, with extraordinary access to captivating landscapes, adventures, and cultural experiences
HOW TO APPLY
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you like to have fun while you work we wouldn’t be disappointed.
Please apply via our career portal (https://carreras.alterna.pro/
You can find relevant information about Alterna, the Fellowship Program, and Quetzaltenango in the “Frequently Asked Questions” in the Fellowship section on our website (http://www.alterna.pro/progra
Have a question that you couldn\’t find there? Email a member of our team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The bridge between your aspirations and their realization.
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze transformative businesses from the ground up. We envision a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context, and have worked with over 1,200 entrepreneurs to date to help strengthen and scale the region’s most disruptive and high-impact businesses.
Our talent is the key to achieving our mission. The Alterna Fellowship is a multi-dimensional program that will give you a renowned edge in your career trajectory and a seat at the frontline of social innovation. Through a comprehensive, hands-on experience with an organization that is pioneering the social entrepreneurship and impact investment sector, Alterna Fellows gain the critical skills, contextual insights and connection to a global network to advance their careers and catalyze impact.