Data Analyst Fellowship
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time, fellowship, unpaid
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
As our Data Analyst Fellow, you will work directly with our Monitoring & Evaluation team, supporting us in strengthening out our data management system. Your specific responsibilities will include:
– Being responsible for the entire data managing process: collecting, entering, organizing and managing data into our Salesforce platform.
– Troubleshooting and maintaining database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls, improving the effectiveness of the database tools and services.
– Working closely to all departments and in particular to the Cultivation team to facilitate data collection from entrepreneurs and Alterna team members and streamline information flows.
– Preparing for database expansion by studying plans and requirements, coordinating design and programming.
– Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications to identify how to optimize constantly our data management system.
– Running data analysis reports intended for the rest of the team to develop relevant and consistent strategies by informing the decision making process.
– Participating to the data collection process with entrepreneurs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Min. 1 year of professional experience as a data manager or relevant hands-on experience with CRM platforms – experience in using Salesforce is a plus.
– A degree in Statistics, Econometric, Data analysis, Computer Science, IT or related fields – holding a Master degree is a plus.
– Professional working proficiency in English and Spanish (verbal and writing.
– Proficiency in Office suite; Strong proficiency in Excel.
– Knowledge of a programming language (Python, C++, etc.) and/or statistical software (R, SPSS, STATA, etc.) is a plus.
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with different kind of interlocutors.
– Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively.
– Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context.
– 6 – 10 month commitment to working on the ground in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.
Please note that the Fellowship is self-funded by the Fellow and that Alterna consistently looks to the top talent in our fellow pool as our primary source when hiring for long-term paid positions. In return of this investment of your talent and experience, you will get the unique opportunity to:
– Gain real world exposure to innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship, including key contextual insights on what the entrepreneurial process consists of in Central America.
– Connect with key actors in the social entrepreneurship field through Alterna’s network and open and expand your career trajectory.
– Work with an international team of young and passionate professionals.
– Be immersed in the vibrancy of Guatemalan culture.
HOW TO APPLY
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you bring a sense of humor and contagious energy we wouldn’t be disappointed. If this is you, please fill out the Fellows Application Form from our website (http://www.alternaimpact.org/
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna is committed to developing an inclusive and dynamic ecosystem for social entrepreneurship through the cultivation of impact businesses offering training, consulting and connections to entrepreneurs who need it to grow their business and impact.
Alterna’s Fellowship Program is a unique distinction and a trampoline for talented young professionals who are strongly motivated in disrupting the status quo and developing sustainable solutions for the world throughout their career. Through a hands-on experience working with social entrepreneurs in an innovative and growing organization, Alterna Fellows develop a strong skillset, network and motivation to become the next impact leaders that the world needs.