- Fenix International
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Company: Fenix International Inc.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Application Deadline: Rolling
Compensation: Competitive salary, equity & benefits
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-backed, for-profit renewable energy company with offices in Silicon Valley and East Africa. Fenix operates on the front line of renewable energy and mobile financial services in emerging markets, and our mission is to deliver life-changing technology to the 1.3 billion people who live without power.
Our flagship product is the ReadyPay Solar Power System – one of the world’s most affordable and accessible sources of power to those living off-grid. Providing phone charging, lights, radios, and even TVs, ReadyPay is available from just $0.40 per-day and financed over 18-months via Mobile Money platforms. We pride ourselves on generating financing plans that are flexible, inclusive and affordable to ensure the greatest reach and impact.
ReadyPay was launched in Uganda in early 2014 and the business has grown exceptionally during the past year, exceeding all targets and growth ambitions. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services.
Fenix International is seeking a talented, motivated Data Analyst to join our team as we work to bring affordable solar power to emerging markets in East Africa. Key responsibilities will include helping us understand our large, unique, and diverse dataset of customer and business information and driving improvements in data gathering, analytics, and presentation at Fenix.
In this position, you will work with an elite team of engineers and business professionals in a fast-moving, venture-funded Silicon Valley startup making an important social and environmental impact. Candidates must enjoy working in a startup environment and have a passion for renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets.
As a Data Analyst, you will be based in Kampala, Uganda, working on critical projects with immediate impact and with the opportunity to travel domestically to understand Fenix’s customer base.
- Create standard systems and processes to work with Fenix management and key stakeholders to gather data needs.
- Assist business team members with use of our data analytics and visualization software (Tableau).
- Work with business leaders to design and ultimately develop interactive dashboards and reports to be used by our executive teams and field teams alike to make key strategic decisions.
- Set up and conduct A/B tests and perform statistical analysis on the results to drive necessary business insights around sales, portfolio health, and more.
- Collaborate with the software team on database architecture and data collection methodologies.
- Develop cutting edge new metrics and analyses to evaluate customer repayment behavior and the health of Fenix’s outstanding loan portfolio.
- Special projects to analyze Fenix’s cost centers, optimize logistics and inventory supply chain.
Required Skills & Experience
- Leadership and project management experience: we are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team, or new company and we especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase.
- Education and work experience in data analysis/science/statistics/financial analysis, etc.
- Experience with survey design, analysis, and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization software tools.
- Interactive report design and implementation expertise.
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis program (e.g., STATA, R).
- Commitment to live and work in East Africa for at least 1 year.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English).
- Ability and drive to work independently.
- Three years minimum work experience.
- Thrives on teamwork.
- Bachelor degree.
- Experience in analyzing financial repayment, ideally microfinance.
- Education and/or work experience in the developing world, ideally East Africa.
- Masters degree.
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary, equity and a fun work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.