- Open Road Alliance
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com ● Ensure the subject states “Data Manager — [YOUR NAME]” ● Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
- Where to Apply
We are looking for an early-mid career professional to manage all of Open Road’s data collection and analysis processes. The candidate will have a strong technical background with specific experience in Salesforce development (Apex, LWC, SOQL) and data visualization platforms (Data Studio, HTML/CSS), among others. They will work across teams to ensure data quality and shared learnings. They will have a background in building and managing complex and customized data sets in finance, grantmaking, or other relevant sectors. Lastly, the candidate will be invested in their own continuous learning, thus exploring and bringing new technologies and system approaches – whether automation, machine learning or other tools – to advance Open Road’s overall mission.
● Oversee all existing data collection and management systems within Open Road’s investment portfolio.
● Collaborate with the Social Investments team to manage and update investment tools and dashboards used in the investment due diligence and portfolio management processes such as a weekly pipeline and portfolio management dashboards, Open Road’s proprietary credit risk scorecard, etc.
● Lead build-out of needed infrastructure in Salesforce to facilitate automated, real-time management and reporting of the Open Road loan and grant pipeline and portfolio.
● Build out and maintain Salesforce applications and components, leveraging the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform (Lightning Web Components, Apex, Unlocked Packages) to support Open Road’s initiatives.
● Maintain and extend integrations between Salesforce and other systems (Slack, Box, Google, etc).
● Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce.com platform as needed.
● Evaluate and implement potential new software solutions for data collection and management.
● Lead exploration of new technologies and tools to advance strategic data initiatives.
Data Analysis & Visualization
● Work with the Investment team to analyze financial portfolio performance and expectations over time using different inputs in order to better determine portfolio construction and risk factors.
● Work with the Investment team to streamline portfolio analysis for efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness and to generate a variety of reports related to financial and other portfolio data, for both internal and external audiences.
● Produce meaningful visual representations of data using a variety of graphical tools.
● Deep-mine Open Road’s and others’ data sets for new insights and analyses.
● Build and apply a range of statistical models to relevant data sets.
● Bring a strategic eye to Open Road’s data. Let the data tell the story, but always be prepared to hear it.
Data Integrity & Governance
● Work directly with members of the Investment team to codify and improve on data collection protocols to ensure accurate, quality, and real-time data collection.
● Work closely with team members to identify and address portfolio database issues.
● Follow, improve upon, and document existing operations processes to increase efficiencies and accuracy.
● Work with the Senior Portfolio Manager to ensure alignment with back-office systems and timely communication between all stakeholders.
● Train Open Road team members on new technologies, protocols, software, or other data collection systems as needed.
● Apply best practices and design patterns developed on the Salesforce.com platform.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred; master’s degree in relevant field a plus though not required;
● Minimum three years of relevant work experience, preferably in impact investing, impact measurement, finance, nonprofit and/or philanthropy;
● Experience with Salesforce.com development, including modification of standard objects, creation of custom objects, and development of automation and approval workflows;
● Experience with FoundationConnect, Salesforce’s grant’s management system;
● Experience with Agile development methodologies;
● Experience with web services (REST APIs, JSON);
● Excellent project management skills;
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
● Ability to work on multiple projects across different teams and objectives while working to deadlines and managing time effectively;
● As a member of a small team, a flexible and “hands on” approach is essential.
Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics
● Exceptional critical thinker that is hungry to learn;
● Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills;
● Highly communicative, proactive approach to work assignments;
● Self-directed and able to work in a remote environment;
● Proven ability to successfully work with a team of stakeholders based in various locations;
● Reliable and deadline‐driven;
● Humble and compassionate;
● Good sense of humor;
● Absolute and unquestioned integrity;
● Passion for the mission and core values of Open Road Alliance.
Open Road is a “21st Century” work environment and does not operate out of a fixed office. We leverage technology and digital communications on a daily basis to stay connected and foster an efficient and effective working environment.
This will be a remote position, based anywhere within the continental U.S.
Must be able and willing to travel up to 10% for in-person meetings, conferences, and/or other events, as public health permits.