Data Reporting Analyst
- Align Impact
- New York, NY or Santa Monica, CA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, please send a cover letter, your CV and a writing sample, with the job title as the subject of the e-mail.
- Where to Apply
Launched in 2014, Align serves as an independent and specialized impact advisor to families, foundations, institutional investors and financial advisors. Align creates customized impact strategies, provides investment management services, and guides philanthropic and charitable giving so its clients can increase the effectiveness and alignment of their grants and investments. Align’s customized impact portfolios aim to deliver the same risk and return as best-in-class globally diversified asset management strategies, all the while investing in companies and sectors that are aligned with a client’s values.
Data Reporting Analyst
The Data Reporting Analyst is a supportive and execution role that includes maintaining the firm’s technology stack, handling strategic integrations between systems, and acting as the subject matter expert with all things related to Addepar, our performance reporting system. In close collaboration with the Director of Client Service and investment team, the Data Reporting Analyst helps ensure data integrity across all back office systems and that clients experience seamless execution and best-in-class account services throughout the entirety of their Align relationship.
The Data Reporting Analyst is specifically responsible for:
• Routinely audit and reconcile client data in Addepar
• Process and troubleshoot assets held away
• Run scheduled and ad hoc client reports, maintaining branding and aesthetic of reports
• Work with advisors and operations team to craft/adjust performance reporting workflows and policies as needed
• Administer quarterly billing and perform regular billing audits
• Add fee rates and fee schedules to new clients as needed
• Ensure data integrity with custodial assets as well as outside assets inside third-party trading software
• Ensure data integrity inside CRM with respect to Contact and Household data
• Create and maintain proper workflows/policies inside CRM and integration with other back office systems
• Manage client logins to portal and secure email software
We believe the following skills, experience and attributes are necessary for a successful Data Reporting Analyst:
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA and/or progress towards a CFP, CFA or CAIA preferred.
• 3+ years working in financial planning and operations- or executions-focused roles. While impact investing experience would be a bonus, traditional financial planning and investing experience is welcome.
• Fluent in Salesforce, Keynote and Excel, as well as trading software and protocols.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment independently.
• Ability to multi-task and take ownership of processes and service delivery.
• Strong analytical and technical skills.
• Demonstrated interest in impact investing.
• You will be required to obtain your Series 65 upon joining the Align Impact team.
Finally, we believe that a successful candidate will embody and strongly believe our core values of:
• Equality: We work passionately to serve individuals of great wealth and those that live at the base of the pyramid. We strive for diversity, equity, and inclusion across our staff and for those that ultimately benefit from our services.
• Generosity and Humility: This spirit permits us to approach our work with genuine openness and allows us to be active listeners with our clients, colleagues and thought partners.
• Excellence: We work hard and smart, hold ourselves to a high professional standard, and pride ourselves on our responsive follow through. Going above-and-beyond is the norm.
• Teamwork: We know that we accomplish much more together than we could ever do alone. We trust our teammates, celebrate the wins together, and pick each other up when needed.
• Leadership: We each take the initiative and proactively engage in making this a world class organization and catalyzing the impact investing ecosystem.
Align is completely committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas and specialized subject-matter expertise Align will provide competitive compensation and a benefits package including base salary and annual incentive.