- Ashoka Social Financial Services
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Tawny Saez, Senior Associate
Ashoka Social Financial Services (SFS) believes that markets can be a powerful tool to improve the character and quality of people’s lives. For almost a decade, Ashoka SFS has searched for and identified leading social entrepreneurs with systems-changing new ideas that use the market to create social impact. A sub-set of these social entrepreneurs is showing us something new: we can achieve greater impact by shifting the market itself to align financial success with social impact. These innovations change what it takes to win, and have the potential to shape large-scale patterns of market activity to benefit everyone.
The SFS team is now focused on a collaborative effort to understand and share with others what we believe is a new way for thinking about and changing our markets.
We are currently looking for innovative and dynamic Associates and Analysts to join our team for a 8- to10-week summer internship.
Key activities will involve:
● Investigating cutting-edge structural innovations and social entrepreneurs;
● Identifying patterns to inform working hypotheses on trends and innovations driving social impact; and
● Independent and team-oriented reflection on broader implications of research for improving the quality and character of people’s lives by changing how our markets work.
We expect candidates to actively contribute to, and occasionally lead, team brainstorms and discussions; move rapidly between collaborative work and independent research; test ideas against real cases by walking others through their research and ideas; and express passion for social impact through markets.
Job title is commensurate with abilities and experience. In general, Associates are expected to take on a leadership role. This may involve: providing structure for weekly projects, communicate and revisit performance expectations with team members, and enabling teams to produce deliverables of the highest quality.
Why Ashoka Social Financial Services?
● Great opportunity to work with a dynamic team that is incredibly passionate about unleashing the potential of markets to solve social problems
● Contribute to building an exciting new initiative for a leading organization in supporting social entrepreneurs
● Help support world-renowned social entrepreneurs all over the world
● Gain concrete experience researching new and innovative ways to improve the quality and character of people’s lives through the market
What we are looking for in an Associate and Analyst
● Determination, ambition, and passion for social and economic change at the level of systems
● Capacity to move fluidly between rigorous research and quick turnaround-evaluations of innovations
● Ability to analyze information at a conceptual and operational level, and creative in solving problems of large-scale
● Strong communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with and across small (and potentially multidisciplinary) teams of 3-5 people
Successful candidates will have experience with detailed research and analysis as well as with the citizen sector (social sector, not-for-profit, social entrepreneurship). Candidates should be self-motivated, excellent communicators, conceptual thinkers, and thrive on seeing the world in new ways.
While positions are unpaid, this partnership offers a unique vantage point to combine learning from the most powerful social innovations around the world with cutting-edge thought leadership.
How to Apply
Round 2 of Review of Applications is currently in progress! Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by Friday, April 22. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We urge students to apply as soon as possible given the high volume of applications received. Only complete applications – Resume and Cover Letter – will be considered.
Founded in 1980, Ashoka is the world’s working community of more than 2,000 leading social entrepreneurs. It champions the most important new social change ideas and supports the entrepreneurs behind them by helping them get started, grow, succeed, and collaborate. As Ashoka expands its capability to integrate and connect entrepreneurs around the world, it builds an entrepreneurial infrastructure that is supporting the fast-growing needs of the citizen sector. Ashoka’s vision is to create change today, for an Everyone A Changemaker™ society to become the reality of tomorrow. For more information, visit www.ashoka.org.