Deputy Chief of Party
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries – mainly with the generous support of USAID – designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Lebanon Investing in Finance and Entrepreneurship (LIFE) . LIFE will be a microfinance support project, likely focused on job creation and entrepreneurship. This position will be full-time and will be based in Beirut.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the acting Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP;
- Support the COP in overall administration and financial management of the program including management of personnel, reporting, budgeting, and procurements;
- Provide oversight to budgets, grants, operational plans, reporting, and procedural and financial compliance;
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with key stakeholders, including government counterparts ;
- Provide technical guidance to a team of specialists in interventions around access to finance and entrepreneurship.
- Advanced degree in business administration, finance, international development, economics, or other relevant field required;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in international development, preferably in microfinance, access to finance, and/or entrepreneurship and particularly with youth and women ;
- USAID or other donor experience preferred;
- Previous experience in managing a project component or division, with budget, people management, and work plan ownership ;
- Experience working in the Middle East required and experience in Lebanon preferred
- English and Arabic fluency required. Proficiency in French preferred.
Visit the IESC website to apply: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&c…
IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.