Deputy Country Director
- Living Goods
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Living Goods is entering a phase of rapid scaling. To support our ambitious goals, we seek an innovative and passionate individual, with a strong-track record of delivering results, to join our team as the Deputy Country Director in Uganda. This role will be based in Kampala and will provide strategic leadership to the Living Goods Uganda organization.
This is a tremendous opportunity to help scale and strengthen an already successful organization and to dramatically improve the health and livelihoods of millions of low-income households.
As part of the senior leadership in Uganda, you will work across the organization and with external stakeholders to continue to deliver significant health impact whilst expanding our footprint across Uganda. You will be a results-focused professional with vision and an entrepreneurial spirit drawing on best practice from the private sector and the public health sector.
• Partner with the Country Director to shape Living Goods’ Uganda strategy and develop the geographic and operational growth plans for Uganda in line with Living Goods’ mission and values.
• Lead the evolution of LG’s model to become even more impactful, cost effective, and replicable and coordinated with government to deliver our long term goal of national scale implementation.
• Coordinate with in-country partners to align growth planning and to maximize coverage and impact.
Implementation / Execution
• Strengthen Living Goods Uganda’s expansion and operational processes, including supply chain and last mile distribution, in an effort to build highly efficient and effective operations.
• Work with the Country Director and Finance to budget and carefully monitor and control costs and ensure internal control procedures are followed.
• Manage the field-based expansion team to identify geographies for delivery of effective community health services; oversee all new agent recruiting informed by data and insights of past performance success.
• Lead a large field operations team, to drive health impact and sales through a growing network of Community Health Promoters, ensure KPIs are hit in a qualitative way, informed by data and Quality Control reports.
• Lead the design of marketing plans and new initiatives that increase cost efficiency and health impact, i.e. agent and staff incentives, recognition programs, product delivery innovations, mobile payments, credit offerings, sales promotions or new product launches. Ensure excellence in the execution of all plans.
• Oversee data analysis to drive continuous improvement in performance, processes and systems.
• Support the Country Director in coordinating and managing relationships with key partners in order to deepen Living Goods impact
• In the absence of the Country Director, represent Living Goods Uganda at key internal and external meetings and events.
• Partner with the Country Director and Senior Management to build a culture of high performance at Living Goods.
• Recruit and provide line management, mentorship and support to your team.
• Minimum of 10 years of management level experience, with proven leadership of teams of at least 50 people.
• Deep experience in salesforce management, or health delivery management in Africa or Asia.
• Private sector experience in one of the following: consumer package goods, health delivery, pharmaceuticals, retail or direct selling/franchising, management consulting.
• Experience working with different partners and ideally with governments in an African context.
• Strong financial management and analytical skills.
• University degree in business or related field. MBA preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.