Deputy Director, Corporate Partnerships
- U.S Fund for UNICEF
- Where to Apply
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in more than 190 countries and territories to save and improve children’s lives, providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief, and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF (USF) supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy, and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when ZERO children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, please visit unicefusa.org.
Deputy Director, Corporate Partnerships
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Partnerships, the Deputy Director of Corporate Partnerships will lead strategic partnerships supporting UNICEF.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
Under the leadership of the Director, Corporate Partnerships support the organizational plan for managing and growing integrated corporate partnerships across all sectors.
Develop company-specific plans, which may include philanthropic/foundation grants, cause marketing, customer fundraising, sponsorship of USF campaigns, employee engagement (where appropriate) may also include non-revenue activities in support of the partnership (such as CSR engagement, expertise sharing, etc.)
• Secure meetings in conjunction with USF staff and national/regional boards, build relationships with key prospect contacts, build strategic stewardship activities and lead new partnership discussions, including development of partnership propositions
• Work closely with UNICEF colleagues, and work to ensure partnership terms are in compliance with UNICEF processes and guidelines
• Work closely with program divisions and Private Fundraising & Partnerships (PFP) to map out global opportunities
• Develop contracts and lead the negotiation of agreement terms
• Ensure relationships are built at all levels of the company especially with key senior corporate contacts to help advance relationships. Direct to appropriate USF senior staff as needed
• Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships Development team, Marketing & Communications, Major Gifts, other USF departments with UNICEF to leverage all company assets in an effort to initiate innovative ideas and maximize opportunities (i.e. Prudential Foundation)
• Collaborate with USF departments, including Marketing & Communications, Administration, Finance, and Global Programs and Field Engagement. Work closely with the Corporate Partnership Management team in order to ensure a smooth transition once contracts are signed
• Lead meetings and liaise with corporate prospects, with UNICEF headquarters, National Committees and Country Offices, and internally with other USF departments
• Represent USF in meetings
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a partnership management or strategic partnerships role; mix of corporate and non-profit experience preferred
• Proven track record successfully managing strategic partnerships
• Significant relationship building and management; ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and styles, and experience working with contacts at all levels of Fortune 500 companies, including presenting to senior-level decision makers and influences across business units and functions, including foundation contacts, as well as marketing/PR contacts
• Ability to juggle multiple investments with several large, complex companies at one time
• Experience working with corporate foundations a plus
• Ability to lead internal and external meetings
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
• Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to travel to domestic and international developing country locations required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
• Understanding and experience with developing and growing integrated corporate partnerships
• Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
To Apply-Please apply online at: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, USF offers a comprehensive benefits package.
USF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please apply online at http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=704