Design and Communications Fellowship
- Jacaranda Health
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.
Responsibilities and Objectives
Jacaranda has a compelling story of success, our operations team in Kenya has generated remarkable innovations in maternal health, and our team and clients are passionate about our work. The Knowledge and Communications Fellow will help Jacaranda synthesize what we are learning and communicate it more strategically. We seek someone who is the consummate consultant and communicator, who wants to apply those talents to shape global health. Responsibilities will include:
· Work with the team to capture and communicate stories from the field – in a variety of creative formats – from blogs, social media, photos, etc. Work with our team in Kenya to improve messaging and storytelling within the organization.
· Work closely with leadership and front-line staff to synthesize intra-departmental lessons in order to share insights, both internally and externally. This includes understanding our social impact, clinical excellence, influence, business innovations – distilling the lessons, and communicating them compellingly.
· Help us think through earned media strategies in Kenya.
· Help us bring our social media and web presence to a higher level of excellence.
· Work with design consultants and other team members in Kenya to develop content that inspires replication: videos, blogs, profiles, infographics, and the creative use of data.
· Proven analytical ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, and inspire confidence in a wide variety of audiences, e.g. management consulting experience;
· Passion for storytelling, and strong written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience with communications and media for public audiences (blogging, social media, journalism, multimedia content generation)
Benefits and Compensation:
- Living stipend in Kenya
- Possible travel for longer commitments