Design Engineering Fellowship, Improved Cookstoves
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
BURN Manufacturing USA LLC is looking for a driven candidate to fill the Design Engineer Fellow position at its modern clean cookstove manufacturing facility in Ruiru, Kiambu.
BURN is currently seeking a mission-driven candidate as a Design Engineering Fellow in our factory in Ruiru, Kenya. Responsibilities include:
• Conceptual and detailed design of clean-burning cookstoves for East Africa
• Research and developing manufacturing processes including designing tools for production
• Fabrication including sheet metal forming, welding, and general metal fabrication
• Testing concepts and prototypes in the lab and field
• Mechanical engineering, product development, or industrial design background
• Familiarity with basic equipment and tools, such as drill press, mill, lathe, etc.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Background in heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
• High-level organizational skills
• Works well in team setting
• Goal oriented
• Practical working experience
• Preference for experience with CNC, sheet metal, production environments, or process development
Location and Duration:
12-month fellowship in Ruiru, Kenya to begin in mid-2018. Fellows receive a stipend of $1,100 per month and housing in a company house. BURN will provide one round trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
Send cvs to email@example.com
BURN Manufacturing USA LLC designs, manufactures and distributes aspirational improved cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN is the leading cookstove company in Sub-Saharan Africa and has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling high quality, locally manufactured, and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 350,000 improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $52 million in fuel expenditures and 1,156,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65 percent. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.