- Brooklyn, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Development Associate (New York candidates only)
KickStart International is seeking an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Development Associate to be part of our Development team.
About the Organization:
KickStart International is an award-winning, nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to lift millions of people in Africa out of poverty quickly, cost-effectively, and sustainably. We design, mass-market, and distribute durable yet affordable “MoneyMaker” branded irrigation pumps. KickStart realized long ago that with affordable irrigation tools, poor small-scale farmers in sub Saharan Africa can go from not growing enough food to growing enough to start a profitable business selling their surplus crop. To date, KickStart has empowered over 1.2 million men, women, and children across 16 countries to climb into prosperity.
About the Position:
KickStart is seeking a full-time Development Associate based in New York City. This position will report to the Senior Development Manager. The Associate will work in close collaboration with KickStart’s Co-Founder and CEO and Development team, with an emphasis on providing support with overall donor communications and stewardship; managing the database and ensuring data integrity; conducting donor and prospect research; and providing administrative support as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Donor Communications & Stewardship:
• Work in close collaboration with the Development Team to build relationships with, and secure gifts from, individual donors, family foundations, and institutional donors.
• Assist Development team in designing, developing, and distributing print and online communications to successfully engage and retain donors, such as gift acknowledgements, handwritten notes, and appeal materials.
• Steward recurring donors (Evergreen Circle) and base donors and strategize to identify and onboard new recurring donors.
• Manage KickStart’s online presence by maintaining the website, social media channels, and Google Ads.
• Provide planning support and coordination with fundraising events and speaking engagements, including developing guest lists, invitations, collateral, and managing RSVPs.
• Identify and pursue corporate matching and employee giving opportunities.
Database Management & Research:
• Pull reports and queries as needed from database to support giving strategies and communications.
• Assist in identifying key donor prospects by mining the database and researching conference attendees.
• Manage and maintain our ETapestry database and Sharepoint file-sharing system, ensuring both are organized and up to date with correspondence, proposals, and reports.
• Assist with scheduling and preparing Co-Founder and CEO, and other frontline fundraisers for meetings and conferences with donors and prospects.
• Maintain adequate stock of stationery, postage, collateral, and other supplies as needed.
• Manage the annual online fundraising calendar.
• Provide support in preparing for board meetings by coordinating meeting and dinner logistics and gathering materials, compiling, and distributing the board book before each board meeting.
• Answer general inquiries by phone and email during office hours and other administrative tasks as needed.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-3 year of professional experience preferred
• Experience or demonstrated interest in international development
• Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and social networking experience required
• Adobe Photoshop experience and graphic design skills a plus
• Experience with fundraising tools/systems including eTapestry, Wealth Engine, and Foundation Directory Online a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional communication skills required, written and verbal
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Confident and fearless telephone skills required
• Exceptional research skills required
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Very well organized
• Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
• Emotional maturity and a good sense of humor
• Self-starter, comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, unstructured environment
• Highly motivated and results oriented
• Passionate about international development and KickStart’s mission of helping millions of people out of poverty.
Position may require travel and working on weekends, early in the morning or late in the evening as necessary for donor cultivation events and meetings and/or to collaborate with colleagues overseas.
Please note: No relocation offered for this position.
How to Apply
To apply, kindly email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with “Development Associate” noted in the subject line of your e-mail application.