Development & Board Relations Manager
- Global Justice Center
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1JD4CQQFor questions, please email email@example.comEarly Bird Application Deadline: Monday, September 14th, at midnight EST
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1JD4CQQ
ABOUT GLOBAL JUSTICE CENTER
The Global Justice Center is a fast-growing influential human rights organization based in New York City that uses the progressive enforcement of international law to promote a human rights. Founded in 20015, the Global Justice Center serves to fill a critical need in the international human rights field. The success of the human rights revolution over the last 30 years has resulted in treaties and international human rights laws that need to move from paper to practice. Now is the time for enforcement and implementation; and to do this, aggressive lawyers are needed who combine international law expertise with strategic and creative lawyering skills. That is where the Global Justice Center comes in.
A member of the United Nations NGO Working Group on Women, Peace and Security; the Global Justice Center develops legal strategies to define, establish, and protect human rights and gender equity.
- Founded in 2005
- 11 full-time staff members
- fundraising goal to support an annual budget between $1.5M – $2M.
ABOUT THE POSITION: DEVELOPMENT & BOARD RELATIONS MANAGER
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated individual to join our team in a key role as Development & Board Relations Manager. The Development & Board Relations Manager will be an integral member of our team and contributor to the near and long-term success of GJC. Our team and budget are growing quickly at an average rate of 15% every year, and your role will be vital to GJC continuing this trajectory. You will bring your successful fundraising experience to assist us in securing and increasing the organization’s resources both by raising our annual income and implementing our multi-year plan for growth and expansion.
You will work with various other key members of our team including the President and Director of External Relations to creatively set strategy and empower your team members to achieve fundraising goals through multi-year gifts from large foundations as well as individual donors.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE…
Institutional and Individual Donor Management
- Contributing to the development of annual fundraising goals and the roadmaps to achieve those goals.
- Managing progress towards reaching annual fundraising goals, and producing necessary reports outs.
- Assisting the President and Board in cultivating and maintaining individual donor relationships through direct meetings and major gift campaigns.
- Collaborating with the President and legal staff to draft foundation proposals, budgets, and reports.
- Collaborating with the Director of External Relations in designing and hosting fundraising events and occasional in-person meetings with potential funders, including scheduling, managing logistics, and assisting on-site.
- Representing Global Justice Center at internal and external meetings and events.
Administrative & Database Management
- Coordinating the Development Team’s weekly meetings and conference presentations, including managing the scheduling, agenda preparation, logistics and RSVPs.
- Preparing and coordinating action-items in order to empower team members to complete their follow-ups within specified timelines.
- Managing the development department by ensuring orderliness to filing systems and organizing internal documents, as well as calendars and important deadlines.
- Collaborating with the Communications Associate to improve and implement effective development databases, ensuring that details about funders and partners are properly recorded and reported.
- Providing support through other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
Board Relations & Management
- Assisting the President in liaising and coordinating with the Board of Directors.
- Serving as point of contact and providing direct support as needed to Board Members, including Board committees and the Board Chair.
- Compiling and tracking various reports, including financial materials, and preparing necessary materials for quarterly Board meetings.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- Who has a minimum of three years of relevant experience working in a fundraising role.
- Who has grant writing and management experience, including experience with building budgets and financial reporting.
- Who has successfully secured donations through foundations, individual giving, and fundraising campaigns.
- Who is detail oriented and has strong organizational skills as well as excellent skills in prioritizing, delivering on projects and achieving targets in a timely fashion.
- With excellent and engaging writing skills, impeccable editing and proofreading skills, as well as strong verbal communications skills.
- With exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills, and has successfully cultivated and managed donor and foundation relationships as well as Board relations.
- With a proven track record of successful database management and helping with designing, executing, and improving internal systems to enable the office to operate more efficiently.
- Who has a strong passion for Global Justice Centers mission, gender equality, and global social justice, and the ability to translate that passion into action.
BONUS IF YOU ARE SOMEONE…
- With experience in Salesforce and Constant Contact.