- 17 Triggers
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- email@example.com; www.17triggers.com
Want to be part of building one of the world’s most innovative social companies? Join us in Cambodia.
Hi, we’re 17 Triggers.
We do marketing for good causes. That’s right, 100% good causes. Whether it’s triggering Cambodian farmers to triple their crop yields, Zambian children to finish school, or rural Haitians to buy solar lights and cookstoves. By using best practices of the world’s most disruptive companies – lean research and strategy, design thinking, rapid prototyping, service design, A/B testing, and behavioral science – we can create greater, more effective impact.
Based in sunny Cambodia and working globally, we've run 75 socially-focused projects in 15 countries from health, sanitation, water, education, agriculture/food security, financial literacy, mobile money, women’s empowerment, climate change, family planning, safe migration, child marriage, and more. Our past clients include SNV Netherlands, International Labor Organization, UNICEF, DAI, iDE, Population Services International, The Global Fund, People in Need (PIN), Friends-International, Lucky Iron Fish, and MTV EXIT.
We need your help.
In the last 5 years, 17 Triggers has grown organically from 3 people to a team of 20. Now we’re ready to scale and need A+ talent to help us. In the next 5 years we plan to grow to be a serious global player and start launching hubs in multiple countries around the world. Looking for a new challenge and want to help us kick things off from Cambodia? Let’s see if you’re a good fit.
The job at a glance.
As the Development Director, think of yourself like our ‘Executive Agent.’ On our senior team, you’ll be working closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Innovation Officer (CIO). For years we’ve been signing small deals–typically under $100K–and now we are ready for the big leagues. We’ve proven ourselves with case studies that are getting global attention, and now we need the million dollar contracts. With your schmoozing talents, proposal writing skills, and connections, that shouldn’t be a problem, right? 😉
A few of the key roles and responsibilities.
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: 1-3 staff
- Contribute to 17 Triggers’ strategic vision and tap into higher value market segments.
- Work with CEO, CIO and senior management team to develop strategies to achieve 17 Trigger’s three-year scale targets across Asia and Africa. This includes global expansion and diversifying our product and service mix.
- Input into 17 Triggers yearly and quarterly targets and support CEO in measuring and analyzing performance across key business indicators.
- Transform new business operations from a small to a medium-sized company with global reach while keeping commitment to company values and culture.
- Build and manage the systems, processes and tools to ensure that 17 Triggers reaches revenue targets on a monthly and yearly basis and has a healthy sales pipeline.
- Develop specific criteria to identify potential business opportunities to pursue.
- Identify staffing and resources needs and assist in the recruitment process.
- Manage and support New Business and Marketing team.
- Attract new strategic partners in particular large-scale foundations, impact investors, global NGOs and U.S. government agencies with multi-country presence.
- Pitch to potential clients and clarify scopes of work.
- Drive initiative to advance the company.
- Update our current proposal templates to make proposal writing fast and efficient.
- Lead proposal development including drafting budgets and technical proposals.
- Consult with technical team in regards to timelines, labor allocations, and project approach to ensure proposal is realistic and in line with current process.
- Submit proposals and follow up with clients.
Manage Contract/Project Onboarding
- Lead contract negotiations with clients.
- Lead internal project handover meetings once contracting is complete.
- Build and manage a group of top-notch global consultants who can support 17 Triggers for different phases of project implementation.
- Identify appropriate consultants and partners for potential projects, as needed.
- Negotiate scope of work with consultants for specific project assignments.
Branding and Marketing Strategy
- Oversee and coordinate the development of 17 Triggers re-branding.
- Lead the implementation of 17 Triggers’ marketing strategy.
- Oversee and maintain 17 Triggers’ website and social media presence.
- Ensure all marketing materials are built and maintained (company pitch decks, case studies, card decks, capabilities statement, videos, client survey testimonials).
Think you have what it takes? Here’s what we require.
- You have 10+ years of experience in business development, sales or marketing for the development aid industry (including Foundations, NGOs, U.S. government agencies, bilateral and multilateral organizations, impact investors, universities).
- You have a proven track record of winning multiple $500,000+ contracts.
- You have many connections in global development hubs in DC, Geneva, London, etc.
- You can quickly whip out proposals solo or with a team.
- You can represent a company well at events, public speaking, and can inspire a crowd when needed.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Benefits? Yep we got them too.
- A fantastic global health insurance package.
- 3 weeks paid leave + 3 weeks paid national holidays = 6 glorious sunny weeks of holiday total (as you’ll learn, we really value energy and recharge time).
- A team of incredibly fun, ridiculously nice, worldly people who love to drink beer, eat frog legs, and enjoy sunset boat rides on the Mekong river.
Why work for 17 Triggers?
People don’t come here to have a comfy paid job and maintain the status quo. They come to 17 Triggers because they believe that the development industry is in need of some seriously disruptive, new, and creative ideas. Want to raise the bar in the development industry? We may just be the change you need.
Want to apply?
Send us the following by 6 PM ICT October 26th, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write ‘I am your new Operations Director’ in the subject line.
Tell us the number of $500,000 contracts you’ve won in the last 3 years as well as a paragraph or two describing what you did for each win.
Send us four references who have worked with you in the last three years: A boss, colleague, employee you have managed, and client. Note: Your references may be checked in our shortlisting process.
A 2-3 minute video telling us why you want to work for 17 Triggers. No need to be a fancy video, we just want to see your personality and hear your answer.
Note: As much as we’d like to, we cannot respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.