- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
The GIIN is looking to hire a Development Manager in a growing, fast-paced organization to drive strategic fundraising efforts and manage key relationships with current and prospective funders, including donor agencies, foundations, and corporations. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the organization’s next phase of growth, helping to achieve its ambition of harnessing the power of financial markets to solve pressing global challenges. This position also offers front-row exposure to the dynamic impact investing industry, and what it takes to build this market. The Development Manager will report to the Managing Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and produce compelling partnership proposals, in collaboration with other members of the Development team
• Manage overall proposal development process, including:
Collaborating with program teams, as needed
Working with the GIIN’s Finance and Operations team in budget development
Reviewing drafts and ensuring high-quality submissions
• Manage relationships with current and prospective funders; provide GIIN and/or programmatic updates as needed and handle funder requests
• Contribute to the cultivation of new partnership opportunities, with an orientation toward strategic alignment and optimal outcomes
• Oversee grant reporting, including reviewing drafts and ensuring high-quality and timely submissions
• Develop materials to strengthen the GIIN’s development efforts, as needed.
• Contribute to internal reporting, as needed
The ideal candidate thrives at managing multiple projects at once and is resourceful and collaborative. They share the conviction that for-profit investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges. Familiarity with impact investing and/or the business or financial sector is highly desired. Experience in high-growth organizations is advantageous, but not required.
The Development Manager must have:
• Superb writing skills with the ability to develop compelling narratives that clearly communicate complex ideas, goals, and aligned opportunities
• Excellent project management skills
• Demonstrated relationship management experience, with the ability to drive results through diplomacy and influence
• Strong strategic thinking
• Experience in a development function
• 10 or more years of relevant work experience showing ability to manage projects and key stakeholder relationships
• Success working effectively with diverse stakeholders and balancing deliverables on multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
• Passion for working on both the strategy and tactic for pursuing win-win opportunities
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
• Experience supervising direct reports with strong results
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
• Advanced degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred (e.g. Business, Economics, Finance, International Development, Policy)
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
LOCATION: This position will be based in New York, NY, and is a full-time role in a flexible culture.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 11/23/18
State “Development Manager_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posting link: https://jobs.thegiin.org/job/2803/manager-development/