Development Manager at International Social Enterprise
- Contact Information
- TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “LAST NAME – DEVELOPMENT MANAGER” in the subject line.
LivelyHoods is a social enterprise working to create jobs for youth and women through last-mile distribution of clean energy products in informal settlements in Kenya. www.LivelyHoods.org
LivelyHoods seeks a talented, entrepreneurial and ambitious fundraising professional to lead, grow and drive fundraising efforts to enable the growth and scale of the organization. This collaborative and innovative professional will work closely with the executive director to develop and execute an annual fundraising plan to secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
• Serve as the principal development officer and oversee all organizational fundraising efforts.
• Design and implement a fundraising strategy to achieve resource mobilization goals.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Increase the portfolio of individual gifts, including membership in our community of recurring donations.
• Deliver well-researched and well-written proposals and grants.
• Ensure that all funder-reporting requirements are met in a timely, accurate manner.
• Organize, plan and host fundraising events globally.
• Inform, engage and motivate the Board of Directors regarding fundraising opportunities.
• Maintain an organized database of all individual and major donors.
• Recruit, manage, and engage members of the fundraising committee, including a bi-weekly meeting on fundraising progress and strategy
• Communicate the vision of the organization with passion, conviction and confidence.
• Publicize the organization’s vision, accomplishments, challenges and impact through written communications, social media, speaking events, and by soliciting press.
• Maintain regular and consistent communication with all supporters and funders including a monthly blog, regular social media posts, email blasts, quarterly newsletters, and an annual and mid-year report
• 3-5 years experience in development with proven success in resource mobilization of at least $100,000
• Excellent written and spoken English skills, preferably with grant writing experience.
• Independent, creative and self-motivated.
• Technologically savvy with experience using fundraising software including Salesforce and Constant Contact.
• Passion for issues of social justice. Social enterprise experience is a plus.
• Hard-working. We are looking for a self-motivated person that will commit 120%.
• A team player and collaborator who is open and transparent about process and progress.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience.
LOCATION: The Development Manager will travel to Nairobi, Kenya, and will work alongside the LivelyHoods management team. Ideally, this person would start in January 2016.