- Smarter Good
- Where to Apply
Makati, National Capital Region, Philippines
Are you an experienced team manager of a local NGO / nonprofit looking to expand your skills and influence by
working with peers in the global social sector? Or perhaps an Account Manager who thrives being at the hub
between clients and creative professionals?
Would you like to share your experience with global nonprofit leaders, helping them to improve their fundraising
and management capacity? Smarter Good offers you the opportunity to continue your social impact career, with
an exceptional team, a global reach, and a competitive salary as a Development Manager.
Smarter Good is an innovative social enterprise that works to increase the impact and efficiency of global nonprofit organizations. We work directly with Executive Directors and CEOs of growing nonprofits to improve
their fundraising, finance and HR functions. Our highly-talented team is a Makati-based group of world-class
thinkers, strategists and implementers.
The Development Manager works side-by-side with the leaders of nonprofit organizations that are solving the
world’s most intractable problems. They serve as the client’s strategic partner for organizational development –
defining opportunities and gaps, assessing support required and providing strategic recommendations. As the
Lead for a Client Team made up of content producers, strategists, analysts and researchers, s/he ensures superior service by translating client needs into smart workflows and managing the process from planning, to execution and evaluation.
The Development Manager trains the team on meeting the needs of busy Executive Directors and CEOs, the ins
and outs of nonprofit management, and ensures that the team operates from a client-centric perspective. Each
Development Manager works with up to six nonprofit organizations across diverse issue areas and geographies,
leading the provision of high quality service for each organization and leveraging knowledge and expertise to find synergies across organizations. The Development Manager is also well-positioned to co-develop and improve service models as well as support client acquisition.
Client Relationship and Service Delivery (75%)
- Get the team into the client’s shoes: Develop a deep understanding of each assigned client’s unique impact and problem areas, as well as the contexts and landscapes where they operate. Bring team members into this understanding and ensure that deliverables are client-centric.
- Manage execution: Ensure assigned clients’ satisfaction through seamless delivery of agreed deliverables and rapid response to clients’ requirements within allotted budgets and timelines
- Build solid account teams: Collaborate extensively with writers and researchers to develop responsive, thoughtful and client-focused solutions
- Improve service delivery: Continually solicit client feedback to enhance Smarter Good’s service models
Capability and Capacity Development Support (25%)
- Support improvement and facilitate knowledge sharing of account and client management best practices
- Lead/collaborate on special projects as may be assigned by Smarter Good management.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least ten (10) years professional experience that includes a minimum of three (3) years people management experience either in the nonprofit / NGO sector or in corporate / for-profit enterprises (preferably as an account manager in creative or consulting companies)
- Leadership, integrity and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills with superior English fluency, as used in various platforms (face-to-face, email, calls)
- Proficient in using technology to analyze and report information, including document management and database tools
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, particularly in cross-cultural backgrounds. Experience working in global environments is a huge advantage.
- Experience and / or strong interest in international development, social enterprises and the nonprofit sector
REPORTING: Managing Director