Development Operations Assistant
- One Acre Fund
- New York, New York, 10001, United States
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Where to Apply
- Apply Online
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 925,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 8,000 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 10 million farm families by 2030. Our support operations outside of East Africa are based in largely New York and include a small group of finance, policy, business development, and other professionals supporting our work on the ground.
One Acre Fund is looking for an experienced administrative professional who enjoys all facets of administration, data synthesis, and office management.
• Contribute to a comfortable, inspiring and productive work environment for 15+ NY-based staff, helping them drive impact for our clients. Examples include:
• Manage office space inc. facilitating meeting room bookings and coordinating visits by colleagues based in countries of operation
• Maintain relationships with vendors and building management
• Send/receive mail and scanning/copying/printing
• Event execution, from office-wide meetings to large-scale fundraising events
• Handling office administration tasks to ensure One Acre Fund is legally compliant and communicating with partners, donors, and external stakeholders. Examples include:
• Manage legal and compliance (e.g. annual fundraising registration renewals)
• Support with annual audit process across multiple departments
• Answer external email inquiries (e.g. potential donors, people with questions about our work, interested volunteers or partner organizations)
• Donor stewardship and support (e.g. tracking payments, Salesforce data entry, preparing and mailing holiday gifts to donors)
• Vendor management (e.g. managing vendor relationships and troubleshooting challenges)
• Support our Human Resources, Operations, Finance and Development Teams to achieve their goals. Examples include:
• Support senior leadership in coordinating annual trip to Skoll World Forum and Chicago Gala
• Regular support processing payments and donations, including physical check processing
• Regular support with outreach to US agencies (e.g. IRS and state unemployment insurance body) to resolve identified issues
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• Administrative professional with 2-8+ years work experience
• Executive-level communications, written and oral
• Fluency in Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), experience with Google and Salesforce
• Relationship management inc. ability to handle confidential people issues
• Detail-oriented and project-management minded with the ability to juggle multiple competing deadlines cross several departments
• Demonstrated interest in part-time work arrangement for the long-term
• A demonstrated interest in or understanding of international development
• Humility. We are looking for a passionate administrative professional who combines leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
New York, United States
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of the United States
2 August 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organizations mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.