Shell Foundation / DFID Partnership Manager : Energy Markets : Global Corporate Foundation
- Shell Foundation
- Canary Wharf, London
- Job Type
- 2 years fixed-term contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Chris Luche - firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 2 years fixed-term contract
Rate: £40,000 – £70,000 equivalent salary
Leading corporate foundation (UK-registered charity) in the venture philanthropy sector has an exciting opportunity for a Government Partnership / Relationship Manager to engage with the UK Government’s Deparatment for International Development (DFID).
About the Role:
Working with DFID on the Transforming Energy Access Programme (TEA), this role is focussed on improving access to clean, modern energy services for low income communities and SMEs across Sub-Saharan Africa. It does this by providing grant and non-financial support to a portfolio of organisations that will collectively and individually strengthen the provision of off-grid energy.
The partnership leverages expertise to achieve tangible results across Sub-Saharan Africa. It also has synergies with other programmes within DFID and with other bodies that focus on providing access to energy across Sub-Saharan Africa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maximising the effectiveness of the combined resources of SF and DFID to ensure the best outcomes for the TIME partnership. The role holder will act as the first point of liaison for DFID and work to ensure that opportunities to increase impact and fully use resources across both organisations are maximised.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the partnership, but importantly to look for and deliver on ideas that will result in even better outcomes for both organisations and for the beneficiaries of the partnership.
– Demonstrable recent track record of working in DFID or other government department in a programme relevant to this partnership, demonstrating an understanding of DFID structures, systems and processes
– Experience of working with the private sector, including early stage enterprises in emerging markets;
– Proven track record in maintaining effective relationships with large programme partners, including private sector partners to ensure delivery of results
– Experience in low income consumer energy markets, including strong established networks with public and private sector organizations relevant to the energy sector
– Experience of work in sustainable development or social investment
– Master’s degree and/or equivalent significant experience in areas relevant to development, innovation around climate/ environment/ energy/ water technologies, infrastructure or related sector
– Overseas work experience, including practical experience of working in developing countries and emerging economies, specifically in Sub-Saharan Africa
– Extensive business, finance and commercial experience
– Experience of working with high level external stakeholders in developing countries;
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.