Digital and Graphic Design Associate
- Mumbai, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
DIGITAL AND GRAPHIC DESIGN ASSOCIATE
Acumen is looking for a digital and graphic design associate to join our global communications team, based in Mumbai, India. We’re looking for someone with 2-3 years’ experience in graphic design and content management systems, with a passion for catalyzing innovative new solutions to address the problems of poverty.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services are enabling the poor to transform their lives. Founded by Jacqueline Novogratz in 2001, Acumen has invested more than $114 million in 109 companies across Africa, Latin America, South Asia and the United States. We are also developing a global community of emerging leaders with the knowledge, skills and determination to create a more inclusive world. In 2015, Acumen was named one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Not-for-Profit Companies.
About the role
You are an excellent communicator and graphic designer who is a master at translating Acumen’s brand and impact into compelling visual marketing materials. You are a champion of the Acumen brand and will be responsible for upholding our visual identity through the creation and maintenance of key marketing and communications collateral, including presentation decks and fundraising materials. You will also assist with managing Acumen’s digital presence by editing the website and maintaining our photography, video, and storytelling databases. Based in Acumen’s India office, you will report directly to Acumen’s communications team in New York where you will support the communications initiatives of our growing global work.
You will be responsible for:
• Brand Management/Design
• Maintain and create branded print collateral, including one-pagers, reports, fundraising materials, info-graphics, other branded assets.
• Create and update on-brand Acumen presentation decks.
• Design compelling social media materials that can be adapted to multiple platforms, browsers, and devices.
• Digital and Website
• Assist with day-to-day website editing and maintenance.
• Prepare and publish new content for Acumen’s blog and website.
• Oversee library of photography and video on Flickr and DropBox.
• Assist with editing photography as needed.
• 2-3 years’ of experience in graphic design and/or brand management.
• Expert using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign.
• Experience using Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint.
• Experience using CMS and event management platforms (WordPress, SplashThat, etc).
• Some knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Demonstrated ability to translate complex information into compelling visual narratives.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and learn new tools and systems.
• Ability to effectively collaborate across a global team and the ability to operate independently in complex situations.
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• Work authorization in India
Additional characteristics we seek for all roles at Acumen:
• Commitment to and enthusiasm for the organization’s mission to change the way the world tackles poverty, and respect for our core values: generosity, accountability, humility, audacity, listening, leadership, integrity and respect.
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity, remain cool-headed when there are curve balls, and withstand the tests of a rapidly changing environment with resilience and resolve.
• A sense of humor (really).
• Not intimidated by working in a remote team.
Acumen offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including full benefits.