Digital Content Producer
- PETER G. PETERSON FOUNDATION
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- For questions, please contact email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page:
ABOUT THE PETER G. PETERSON FOUNDATION
We exist to increase public awareness of the nature and urgency of key fiscal challenges threatening America’s future and to accelerate action on them. To address these challenges, we work to bring Americans together to find and implement sensible, long-term solutions that transcend age, party lines and ideological divides in order to achieve real results. For more information about the foundation, please visit our website at www.pgpf.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION – FISCAL & ECONOMIC DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
This is a new role with great growth potential. This position within the Foundation will allow you to impact the nation through your voice, capitalize on your skills, and work closely with an impressive team.
The Fiscal & Economic Digital Content Producer will create and aggregate both original and repurposed content with an eye towards making complex fiscal, budgetary, and economic news/policy developments accessible to a much broader audience.
You will be responsible for developing, writing, repurposing, and aggregating fiscal and economic content for our website and social media properties, ensuring that all digital platforms are updated with thoughtful, timely, and relevant content. You are likely a frequent reader of Playbook, Morning Money, Wonkbook, The Upshot, Vox, and/or the Wall Street Journal.
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE:
Meaningful work allows you to have the opportunity to fulfill a Legacy, gain greater Mastery, and achieve Freedom. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/ReWorkBuildACareerWorthHaving
LEGACY – The Outcomes From Your Work in this Role
- You will increase public awareness of the nature and urgency of key fiscal challenges threatening America’s future and to accelerate action on them.
- You will help inspire others to address our nation’s long-term unsustainable fiscal outlook, with our current policy path leading us to debt of nearly 200% of GDP over the next 30 years.
- You will not just create content to address these challenges, you will do it to bring Americans together to find and implement sensible, long-term solutions.
- You will work to transcend age, party lines, and ideological divides in order to achieve real results.
MASTERY – How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
- You will learn to communicate complex policy concepts with a clear, cohesive voice.
- You will collaborate with a tight-knit team.
- You will develop greater ways to shape and drive content in a way that matters to people and influences their opinion.
- You will build greater understanding of digital communication in 2015 and beyond, enabling you to grow and take on many different types of roles later in your career.
FREEDOM – The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role
- An organization where good ideas, first and foremost, win. Bring your A game and your success will only build.
- An opportunity to find enormously satisfying work. The most successful members of our team are grounded, down-to-Earth, well-rounded humans who reflect this mindset.
- An environment where being healthy is covered (health, dental, life insurance benefits).
- Summer Fridays where everyone is encouraged to leave by 3pm.
- A friendly, harmonious, team-first working culture.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
- Translating complex policy reports and news into a more digestible, digital style for all Peterson Foundation digital platforms, while maintaining factual integrity.
- Brainstorming and ideating new content with key members of related departments, which includes Communications, Research, and Grants.
- Contributing to monthly content and strategy planning meetings to establish the content focus for the month, as well as some forward thought for content in relation to select upcoming events.
- Collaborating with our team in weekly editorial meetings to obtain status updates and collaborate on the weekly content media.
- Reviewing daily coverage of economic and fiscal news from leading news sources.
- Working with the Digital Communications Manager to target social media platforms for content promotion and scheduling based on Peterson Foundation communications goals.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- With 2-6 years of related work experience writing and researching in economics, political science, and/or public policy.
- With experience writing on policy and complex financial issues.
- Who can translate rigorous analysis into more engaging yet accurate content.
- Who can lock down key elements of core communications strategy while also constantly adjusting based on external influences and variables.
- Who has a consistent record of excellent project management and the ability to manage to tight deadlines within an ever-changing environment to ensure appropriate delivery by all teams.
- With a highly-professional demeanor who is able to represent the organization and partner organizations effectively to diverse audiences worldwide.
- Who has an interest in pursuing our vision and an understanding of the fiscal and political challenges we face.
BONUS IF YOU…
- Earned a Masters in Economics, Public Policy, or a related field.
- Are experienced in a broad array of digital communications styles, formats, and distribution channels.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB?
Please complete the following application as we are now reviewing on a rolling basis. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a potential finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by the Peterson Foundation team. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.? Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to reading your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and take our commitment to diversity seriously. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.