Digital Product Strategy Director
- Accion US
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Melissa Arashiro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
Global Advisory Solutions:
Accion’s Global Advisory Solutions (GLAS) team provides experienced operational and management support to help build sustainable and scalable companies focused on serving the financial needs of underserved individuals and small businesses. We strengthen our partners and maximize their impact by leveraging innovations in technology and financial services to lower costs and increase quality at scale.
GLAS is a global team of advisors with hands on experience and deep technical and managerial expertise in building and supporting a range of financial service providers (FSPs). We work with organizations in emerging markets across Latin America, Africa and Asia to help them plan, implement, scale and enhance technologies and business models that can reduce bottlenecks to and catalyze the growth of financial services. In addition to our advisory work with FSPs, we contribute to industry development through case study work and research, knowledge sharing, as well as training and capacity building activities.
GLAS is looking for a Digital Product Strategy (DPS) Director to represent Accion as a senior advisor to our clients, build client relationships and provide technical expertise in the design and implementation of digitally distributed, data driven, customer-centered financial products and services. Using a blend of design methods and tools such as design thinking, voice of customer (VOC), and data/business analytics, the DS Director will spearhead our efforts to help our partners develop digital products that truly reflect the needs of their customers and increase their financial capability. These products should have best-in-class UI/UX and be supported by behavioral economics principles.
Working as part of a global, cross-functional team, s/he will lead digital product development from discovery through implementation to support the customer growth strategies of our clients. The DPS Director will need to have a deep understanding of customer financial service needs and how technologies and other factors influence their perspectives, experience and decision making.
In this position you will be a key member of our Global Advisory Solutions (GLAS) team, leading GLAS’s strategy for and the management of our digital product strategy work. Collaborating closely with project team members, you will understand the needs of and advise FSPs on the design, implementation and scaling of their products and services to maximize the customer value offer and drive customer engagement and growth. Key responsibilities include:
Contribute to GLAS strategy and leadership
– Contribute to the overall strategy and operations of GLAS, particularly providing insights and guidance on trends, areas for growth and market positioning in the area of digital product strategy
– Provide strategic advice to GLAS clients, build client relationships and provide technical expertise in the design and implementation of digitally distributed, data driven, customer-centered financial products and services for low income populations.
Identify and lead projects
– Develop and identify new business for GLAS that addresses FSPs’ product performance challenges through the creation and implementation of digital, customer-centric solutions
– Lead the design and implementation of client facing digital financial products that may include:
– Leveraging and utilizing client data
– Overseeing UX/UI research and design
– Facilitating discovery and design workshops
– Engaging customers in understanding how products and services work, their benefits, risks, etc.
– Creating use case scenarios, customer journey maps, and storyboards
– Developing an understanding of business requirements from both external and internal stakeholders and translate those into specifications for technology vendors
– Develop, assess and scale prototypes using agile product design methodologies
– Using digital communication channels and marketing strategies (digital promotions, alternative media, etc.) to engage customers
– Define project scopes and accurately set expectations to ensure client satisfaction
– Effectively manage budgets and timelines and ensure sustainability of customer engagement projects
– Communicate project progress, keeping team members and clients updated throughout all stages
– Assess outputs ensuring the highest standards of quality for GLAS clients; Ensure that projects translate to measurable outputs aligned with project and business goals
– Support the development and presentation of digital product strategy project proposals to clients and/or donors
Build GLAS capacity
– Build GLAS’s digital product strategy capacity by identifying opportunities to expose team members to new digitally based design methods, innovative customer solutions, and insights on industry trends through a variety of mediums such as brown bags, team meetings/debriefs, workshops, webinars, etc.
– Coach and mentor GLAS team members, strengthening their design skills and the use of innovative, digital solutions and agile methodologies
– Collaborate effectively across other areas of Accion and leverage relationships in the industry to enhance our knowledge and capabilities in customer strategy, particularly the use of digital solution
Provide thought leadership
– Actively participate in conferences, discussion forums, and other knowledge sharing and networking spaces to promote Accion and further our position as an industry thought leader
– Identify opportunities to develop and showcase GLAS learnings, insights and innovations resulting from our digital product strategy research and advisory projects
– Generally 12 years of progressive experience in product development and 3-5 years in digital product development with financial services in emerging and/or low income markets.
– Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, master’s degree preferred
– Experience leading digital product development projects in financial services for low income populations including conceptualization, UI and UX design, piloting and scaling, and change management
– Proven project success in influencing customer behavior change and driving usage of digital financial products
– Experience using customer data and business analytics to inform product development
– Knowledge of different vendors that can be incorporated into product design and used in the product life cycle to drive customer growth and loyalty
– Experience facilitating discovery and design sessions and engaging customers in understanding how the services work, their benefits, risks, etc.
– Understanding of financial inclusion product design approaches like customer value proposition design, business model canvas, and customer journey mapping
– Familiarity and understanding of digital marketing
– Possess creative and analytical mindset; ability to understand and appreciate the perspectives of both our clients and the customers they serve
– Experience leading cross-functional project teams from discovery through implementation; –
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, lead and motivate others and meet deadlines
– Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; comfortable interacting with senior managers and representing Accion in public speaking engagements
– English fluency required and proficiency in Spanish preferred; proficiency in other languages relevant to GLAS’s work (French, Mandarin, etc.) a plus
– Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
– Demonstrated commitment to Accion’s values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
Apply directly online at : https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1867/digital-product-strategy-director/job