- Minneapolis, MN
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Where to Apply
January 2020 | Full time | Minneapolis | Reports to the Roving Correspondent
Hello Hello! So you’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here.
We are a borderless global team relentless in our pursuit to co-design meaningful, human-worthy services. Our team is full of all ages, tribes, gender identities, abilities, and beliefs. We are community activists, accountants, engineers, social workers, designers, connectors, and more.
Our diversity is our strength, yet we hold many things in common. You’ll be at home here if you have…
Open heart and open mind. You start by listening. You believe another person’s truth and it changes you. It unlocks your way of thinking in that moment, it opens your world.
Curiosity. You are always learning. You ask why and why again. You know that change (big and small) is constant, which means your curiosity to learn is matched with adaptability to evolve.
Trust. You believe that people do their best, are disciplined, and care about this as much as you do. You take responsibility for your part and know how to step back and give others the space to shine.
If you are looking to be part of a living, breathing, ever-changing organization full of disrupters and doers, then read on!
You know the ins and outs of digital media content creation, social media ad placement, online community building, and social media account growth, and you have experience with content, social media, and website management. As the Digital Media Assistant, you are responsible for supporting and strengthening Alight’s online presence.
You are curious. You like to visit new places and meet and build relationships with new friends and colleagues. You ask questions, and you always have your eyes open for the amazing content opportunities around you. You also think about Alight’s different audiences and are always thinking about the different types of content to share with them and the multitude of opportunities to talk to them.
You can match the quick pace of the office environment, you are someone who is able to combine storytelling and imagery to communicate the work Alight is doing around the world in a moving way.
You like to work with people and are extremely patient and flexible. You can hear someone’s vision and make it come to life. You’re also able to independently pursue your own ideas, and you embrace the process of editing/feedback/
You want the chance to make the world a better place.
The position is a key member of the Alight communications team. You will help to make the work of Alight known throughout the social media landscape, and excite, inspire, and inform our audience about the abundance Alight is unleashing in the world.
Building a shared organization takes time and intention. We will always be becoming Alight, which means your work will evolve as well. For now, here’s how you could anticipate spending your time:
• Write effective and colorful copy for social media posts and Changemakers 365 blog
• Create graphics and imagery that is consistent with Alight’s branding
• Manage and maintain a month to month content calendar that posts daily content
• Place, monitor, and optimize social media advertising
• Manage Alight’s 4 social media channels
• Ensure the digital assets of the Alight CEO’s social accounts, Wikipedia, etc. are up-to-date and cross-posting content when appropriate
• Grow an engaged audience using paid and organic methods
• Research and stay up to date on social media best practices
• Manage advertising campaign results and targeting to determine the best possible audience to target
These are the things we’re aiming to find. However, we’re open to being surprised. If you embody the spirt of Alight, care deeply about the cause, and if you bring something else that’s special, then please reach out.
• 2 years of experience in design, communications, marketing or related field
• An eye for design, able to maintain organization standards through production
• Able to work with a high degree of change and through some degree of ambiguity
• Effective communicator
• Skilled copywriter and editor
• Detailed oriented; consistently strives for accuracy
• Adept at written communications and design layout
• Diplomatic – able to maintain good relations and a positive image with Alight’s audience and colleagues
• Promotes courteousness, objectivity and fairness
• Positive and committed to the work Alight is doing in the world.
• Creative problem-solving skills: the ability to apply sound judgment and good ideas to meet challenges presented
• Experience using Facebook Ads manager
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere)
• Awareness of social media trends
• Eagerness to travel to Alight program locations
You strive for…
• Humility. You learn from others with an open heart and open mind.
• Inclusivity. Our diversity is our strength. You value diversity of opinion and thought. You invite all voices to the table regardless of gender, ethnicity/tribe, sexual orientation, or physical/mental ability.
• Empathy. you know how to really hear other people and understand their meaning.
• Joy. Seriously! We believe that play and joy are core to co-creating value with customers.
• Flexibility. We’re constantly designing and iterating. You’ll be working in ambiguity always – embrace it and see the possibility that it allows. The ability to roll with it will make that easier.
• Creativity. You have the ability to apply sound judgment and innovative ideas to meet challenges presented.
Borderless Team of 2,500 staff worldwide that sees possibility, celebrates moments of abundance, shares new ideas, and strives to do a better thing every day.
Learning & Development – Access thousands of free online learning courses to take at your own pace and tailor to your professional goals.
Work in Northeast – We’re proud to work in a community as diverse as it is engaged – from Fortune500 companies to booming diaspora and immigrant communities, Minneapolis is a hub for innovation and change. Located in the historic Northeast neighborhood of Minneapolis, ARC is in close proximity to some of the best cultural venues (theatre, museums, music), restaurants, and shops in the state.
Health, dental, and MedEvac Insurance – We strive to offer the best-in-class healthcare plans to our staff each year. We cover 100% of the cost for your health premium and 75% of the cost for coverage for your spouse/dependents.
Retirement – We contribute 6% of your salary regardless of your contribution amount, after one year of service.
Generous Leave Time – Between vacation days, personal leave days, and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
We are on a journey to build Alight, a new platform of amazing people and organizations providing lifesaving services and creating breakthrough solutions for and with the displaced. WeAreAlight.org
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.