- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: March 11, 2019 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include strategy development, research and education, investment product and platform design, and impact management.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading asset owners, intermediaries, and service providers active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; and Austin, TX, and is led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for a mid-career professional looking to transition into or further a career in impact investing.
The Director will play an important role on the team, including through New York staff and office management, project and client management, business development, and other key operational functions. Candidates will be considered for Tideline’s New York office and will be offered a full-time role. There will be a trial period of six months, after which, subject to strong performance, a formal employment offer will be made.
The position is an important role at Tideline with opportunity for advancement, working closely with the firm’s leadership team.
Core responsibilities include:
1. Staff and office management
• Supervising the New York team and office, in collaboration with the Managing Partners
• Supporting the professional development of the New York team, through coaching, mentorship, and feedback
• Strengthening and adding to the firm’s culture
• Contributing to internal operational improvements
2. Project planning and coordination
• Leading project planning from the outset of a project, including developing the timeline, sequencing, and division of responsibilities
• Managing and coordinating the team’s efforts throughout the project, anticipating challenges and adapting as necessary
• Ensuring clear and timely communication and information sharing among the team
• Organizing meetings among the team and with the client as needed, including developing agendas and guiding the preparatory work needed
3. Client engagement
• Supporting client management with the Managing Partners
• Ensuring information is communicated with clients in a clear and timely manner
• Coordinating between Tideline project and client teams to plan and prepare for meetings
4. Project execution
• Along with others on the team, guiding the research and analysis needed for projects
• Shaping the synthesis and analysis of the research conducted to create structure, draw out takeaways, and work toward conclusions and recommendations
• Developing customized frameworks that will form the basis of the approach to and presentation of the analysis
• Organizing and participating in team brainstorming activities, as needed
• Conducting research interviews, as needed
5. Business development
• Supporting drafting of project proposals
• Participating in meetings with prospective clients, as needed
• Contributing to communications- and marketing-related efforts, as needed
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; is exceptionally well-organized; excels at managing teams; writes and communicates well; and has experience in project management, consulting, finance, and/or impact investing. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The firm’s culture is highly teamwork-oriented as well as fun. Tideline’s team works in a supportive, close-knit, all-hands-on-deck manner.
Desired qualifications and experiences include:
• Approximately five to ten years of relevant work experience
• Experience in a similar role at a top-tier consulting firm, financial institution, investment firm, or comparable environment
• Experience and proclivity for managing teams, including supervising and supporting development of junior staff
• Master’s degree in relevant field a plus
• Experience in financial analysis, due diligence, and/or investment management/structuring a plus
• Familiarity with impact investing preferred
• Exceptional critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Adept at using Microsoft Office; strong PowerPoint skills and design sensibilities a plus
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
• Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
Please apply through the link provided (https://tideline.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=27), and you may send any questions to email@example.com.