- London, UK
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please use this link to apply: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/t6dwk1istb?utm_source=[NextBillion] You may send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where to Apply
Experience level: Mid-Career (8+ years work experience or equivalent)
Location: London, UK
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: September 13, 2021; applications considered on a rolling basis
BlueMark, a Tideline company, is a leading global provider of independent impact verification services for investors and companies. Their mission is to strengthen trust in impact investing by delivering independent, incisive verification services, enabling the market to scale with integrity. They evaluate and verify how clients approach the impact in impact investing based on accepted industry standards. Their services are designed to meet the growing investor demand and market expectation for greater confidence and credibility in the impact label, especially as impact claims are more closely scrutinized by a range of stakeholders.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity to play a lead role in an early-stage company in a dynamic, impactful industry. The BlueMark European Director will play a key role supporting numerous aspects of the business, including leading business development in Europe, overseeing client engagements, shaping the development of new services, and contributing to the overall strategy of the firm. The role will provide exciting opportunities to work with diverse impact investing firms globally, contribute to best practices in impact management, reporting, and assurance for the impact investing industry, and help grow a new pioneering business.
Given the entrepreneurial nature of the role, it will require resiliency, adaptability, creativity, and a general willingness and ability to take advantage of opportunities and solve problems. BlueMark is seeking candidates with dedicated experience and networks in the sustainable and impact investing industries. The position is expected to report to the Managing Director for BlueMark, as well as include significant ongoing interaction with the CEO and Business Development team based in the U.S.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
Business Development and Marketing
· Enhance BlueMark’s identity, positioning, and reputation in the European impact investing market through developing relationships with various industry professionals, attending conferences and other convenings, and supporting targeted marketing and communications efforts
· Proactively prioritize and develop the pipeline for business development, oversee proposal development, and finalize negotiations with clients in Europe
· Identify and drive thought leadership opportunities on impact verification
Service Delivery and Development
· Serve as the project lead for impact verification projects, including by providing general project oversight and direction-setting, acting as the point person for client management, and ensuring quality of materials produced
· Deliver strong subject matter expertise on impact management and verification
· Contribute to the strategic development of impact verification services, in collaboration with the senior management team
Management and Operations
· Oversee the growth of the impact verification team in the UK as the business grows, including by guiding and participating in recruitment of new staff
· Manage and mentor members of the impact verification team and foster a healthy, productive, and nurturing work environment, consistent with BlueMark’s values and current organizational culture
· Inform annual budgeting and planning for the European business, in collaboration with the senior management and accounting teams
Desired qualifications and experience:
· MBA or Masters degree equivalent
· Experience with business development in professional and/or financial services, including a track-record building and growing relationships with clients
· Experience managing and building staff, preferably in a small business environment
· Experience with impact measurement, monitoring & evaluation, and/or Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and impact investing required
· Existing networks in impact investing and sustainable finance industry
· Experience and familiarity with environmental and climate-related metrics a plus
· High level of personal and professional integrity
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Entrepreneurial and collaborative disposition, with a bias towards action
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
· Sense of humor and self-awareness
At BlueMark, they value diversity of experience and perspectives and the unique contributions of each person. They work hard to create and maintain an open, inclusive environment where every team member can bring their full self to work. BlueMark is an equal opportunity employer.