Director, Global Talent Acquisition
- Living Goods
- Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
To support our ambitious goals, we seek an expert in recruiting, with a strong-track record of delivering results, to join our team in the newly created role of Director of Global Talent Acquisition.
We aim for LG’s recruiting efforts to be world-class, from first contact until candidates are successful, contributing members of our team. To achieve this, we need a recruiting lead with the expertise to turn recruiting into a strength for Living Goods.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience recruiting in both corporate and non-profit environments. The location of this role is negotiable with our Nairobi and Kenya offices preferred. Up to 25% travel can be expected if you will be based in Kenya or Uganda. 50% travel if your primary location is elsewhere.
You will own our talent acquisition process, including responsibility for employer branding, candidate experience, interviewer training, hiring metrics, and our sourcing strategies at all levels of the organization (from C-level executives to junior staff).
This is a new senior level position that will responsible for both strategic consultative support to the organization, as well as, operational and administrative tasks.
• Lead the design and implementation of the global talent sourcing strategy
• Drive the end to end recruitment and selection process, creating and executing recruitment plans expeditiously. From supporting workforce planning efforts, creating job descriptions, sourcing, selection, offer, onboarding and orientation
• Design and implement world class recruiting practices and guidelines for all employees to follow
• Create proactive pipeline development strategies for future talent needs and vacancies
• Develop and manage recruiting reports, dashboards, and metrics
• Coach hiring managers on effective interviewing and assessment. Facilitate recruitment skill building
• Champion employer branding efforts and participate in recruitment and networking events on behalf of Living Goods
• Create and implement innovative programs, events and campaigns to attract top talent to Living Goods
• A minimum of 10 years of recruiting experience leading recruitment efforts in a rapidly growing organization
• Expertise in recruiting across geographies. Practical experience and strong networks in Africa is essential
• Success in full-cycle recruiting, from first touch to start date for roles in both the private and public sectors
• Proven success recruiting across multiple levels of an organization from C-level executives to junior staff
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of candidates and employees
• Success in implementing new ideas which help build company brand awareness
• Strong analytical skills
• Familiarity with applicant tracking systems
• High level of IT literacy. MS Office knowledge and experience using databases and spreadsheets
• University degree in HR Management or related field. Advanced degree or HR Certification a plus
Please note that only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our careers page and apply for Director, Global Talent Acquisition role in our applicant tracking system. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview
Living Goods (LG) aims to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved people by transforming community health services across the developing world. We have developed a model that has been independently proven to reduce child mortality by 26%. We continue to realize these results at a net cost of less than $2 per person per year. Our goal now is to achieve multi-national scale and to truly create systemic change. That’s where you come in!
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities. Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.