Director of Communications
- Fundación Capital
- Job Type
- Full time
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
What are we offering?
We are seeking an experienced communications expert to lead our Communications Department, to develop and implement a strategic vision to position and promote our organization, and to manage our external and internal communications. S/he will work from our headquarters in Bogota (Colombia), but will direct communication efforts internationally, under a one year service provision contract that is open to a longer-term employment perspective. We offer an entrepreneurial and challenging job with lots of opportunity to turn ideas into reality, working alongside an inspiring, diverse and international team.
Who are we?
Fundación Capital (FundaK) is an international organization whose team works in 14 countries across Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa, with the mission of reducing poverty and advancing economic citizenship. We work in the design, development and implementation of innovative projects, with the goal of helping individuals living in poverty to build, grow, manage and protect their financial, human, physical and social assets. (www.fundacioncapital.org)
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
The selected candidate will lead our Communications Department, currently three team members including the director, and manage all external and internal communications. S/he shall effectively transmit our mission, vision, activities and achievements, above all to our donors, partners and clients, but also to the general public, technical experts and other stakeholders. S/he will also manage internal communications within the organization and between the various country and regional offices.
The Director of Communications will be self-directed and report to the CEO, while also collaborating with international team members across the organization and managing relationships with external providers.
The essential responsibilities include:
○ Communication Strategy & Branding: develop, adjust and implement a global communications strategy that brings a distinctive presence to FundaK; advance the company\’s brand and supervise the implementation of branding guidelines; develop organizational messaging, building on a recent update.
○ Networking: build and maintain partnerships with current and future donors (particularly foundations from the Anglo-American sphere), clients such as governments and private companies, and the media; help raise funds; promote and represent the organization in public forums and events.
○ Local Communication: support our country representatives in their communication activities and align their local communication content with the global brand and strategy.
○ Content & Community Engagement: create, organize and diffuse compelling material for a variety of audiences and channels; collect, edit and use content from our local activities; maintain our website; expand our social media presence.
○ Internal Communications: manage main internal communication platforms and processes to ensure that institutional guidelines are met at regional level, local information is shared on institutional platforms, and knowledge sharing is occurring across the organization.
￼￼￼￼￼￼○ Coordination with other departments: work closely with Admin, HR, C-Level, Business Development and IT areas around organizational issues and needs.
Who are we looking for?
The person we are looking for should be:
○ highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and the ability to juggle competing priorities;
○ independent, flexible and feel comfortable in a start-up like environment;
○ an empathic and sociable team player and leader;
○ a convincing spokes(wo)man who is able to relate excellently with high-level
representatives from the development sector and to publicly represent our organization;
○ curious, highly analytical and critical when dealing with information;
○ detail oriented, but never loose sight of the big picture.
○ Languages: fluent in Spanish and English with excellent written and oral communication skills in both languages.
○ Skills & Knowledge:
➢ Strong background in shaping a knowledge and communications strategy, as well
as branding issues.
➢ Broad knowledge of communication tools, social media, multimedia
➢ Experienced in handling media relations and strategies.
➢ Proven track record in measurement and control of communication impact.
○ Work Experience: ten years of experience, at least 5 of those at the senior and management levels, in communication management, developing and implementing communication strategies and marketing campaigns.
○ Education: undergraduate degree in communication, publicity, marketing, public relations or related fields
We will look favorably upon candidates who can demonstrate: international work experience, particularly in Latin America and Africa; additional language skills in Portuguese and French; familiarity with development issues, especially around financial inclusion; master’s degree.
How can you apply?
Please send us your CV, two writing samples (one in English and one in Spanish) and a concise cover letter in which you explain (1) your motivation to work with us, (2) why you would be a good addition to our team, as well as (3) salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Send your applications by April 10th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Director of Communications”.