Director of Development
- VFF USA
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
The Vicente Ferrer Foundation has recently celebrated 47 years in India and has officially launched their first US office. We seek a “Development Director” who will help us drive significant expansion as we launch into a new country. With ambitious goals for growth, VFF USA seeks an internationally-minded, detail and process-oriented, team-player with experience in fundraising, event coordination, and relationship building with major donors. This position is an excellent opportunity for a mid-career professional to build a diverse nonprofit skillset and to grow a successful social enterprise into an established nonprofit. VFF USA team members value our flexible, intentional focus on professional development, opportunities for influence and autonomy, as well as a culture of fun and excellence.
About the Position: The Development Director will lead the establishment and implementation of our individual donor cultivation strategy. The purpose of this role is to significantly expand VFF USA capacity by leveraging and engaging the organization\’s supporters. The key responsibilities of this role include individual donor cultivation, event coordination, database management, and grant writing support. Additional opportunities will include assisting with grant writing, reporting, and campaign management. This position will report to the Executive Director.
• Lead relationship cultivation with family foundations, corporations, and other funding partners.
• Create grant proposals from local content to meet US donor needs
• Maintain calendar due dates, and grant progress and final reports.
• Manage grant proposals, reports, and updates.
• Support the individual donor cultivation activities, including campaigns, end of year, events, donor circles, and database management.
• Support and execute marketing/fundraising strategy/plan with team.
• Oversee interns who will assist with fundraising activities.
• Assist with update of web page content.
• Assist with oversight of online social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Skills & Competencies
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Google Applications
• Commit to team goals and support the work of colleagues beyond the responsibilities described here. This may include attending events outside of business hours.
• Maintain all physical and digital files in a uniform way, and in alignment with donor requirements.
• Support VFF USA fundraising initiatives by sharing opportunities to contribute to our mission through social media and other channels.
• Seek out opportunities to improve and expand the work of VFF USA.
• Seek out opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge, and grow professionally.
• Contribute to an innovative, high-performing, team culture by engaging in behaviors like: sharing ideas; being open to the ideas of others; accepting and offering feedback; and supporting and treating your colleagues with respect.
An ideal candidate for the Development Director position believes in the mission of VFF USA and shares our vision of transforming the social change sector by facilitating great ideas and people crossing borders. Other qualities of our ideal candidate are:
• At least 7 years of professional experience in the nonprofit sector working on relationship building, fundraising, and strategic planning with a strong track record in:
• Developing funding relationships
• Project planning and execution
• Writing and editing (both for proposals and publications)
• A bachelor\’s degree in communications, marketing, or another related field
• Exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to follow established processes and develop new protocols that improve efficiency.
• Tech Savvy: Knowledge of and/or the ability to quickly become familiar with Google applications, Network For Good, Vertical Response, SplashThat, social media and others.
• Innovative, creative, entrepreneurial: social enterprise experience highly valued.
• Action oriented: Enjoys working hard and working towards stretch goals; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available.
• Ability to work as part of a small team, establish priorities, meet deadlines and manage a variety of tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills; proven ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Passionate about the VFF USA mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of VFF USA to external and internal stakeholders.
Benefits: Our current team members value the fun and hardworking culture at VFF USA and list the focus on professional development, opportunity to have a voice in decision-making at every, level and working along side committed high-performing colleagues as the top reasons why they love their jobs.
The package includes a flexible work schedule and vacation and sick leave and employer-paid health insurance. The salary for this position will be based on the skills, experience and education of the selected candidate and range from $65,000-$75,000 for candidates with significant experience and a track-record of results. Salaries grow with tenure and increased responsibility.