Director of Finance and Administration
- Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- For a complete job description and an opportunity to apply, please visit:https://jobs.scu.edu/postings/3399
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Financial Management (50 %)
- Leads budget planning and manages the Center’s budget in consultation with Executive Director.
- Supervises all financial activities including preparing quarterly and annual budget reports.
- Monitors fiscal activities to ensure program expenditures are within budget, including endowed gift and external grant funds.
- Consults with and advises individual program directors regarding revenues and expenses for their programs.
- Processes all payments, invoices, and reimbursement requests.
- Prepares and administers all contracts, Center-funded faculty research grants, and external grant budgets.
- Ensures compliance with the University’s financial policies and procedures.
- Consults with University attorney and risk management director to ensure contract compliance with University guidelines and regulations.
2. Human Resources Management (30 %)
- Schedules and coordinates performance planning for all staff.
- Researches and prepares position descriptions; prepares and submits HR-related documents and forms for both staff and students.
- Researches, prepares analyses, and makes recommendations to the Executive Director on human resources needs within the Center.
- Manages the hiring process for new employees, from recruiting through hiring and onboarding.
- Represents the Center to the University’s HR department.
- Ensures that the Center is in compliance with University’s HR policies and procedures.
- Consults with Provost’s office on employment and payment matters.
- Plans and directs staff training of student workers.
- Sets performance goals and conducts performance evaluations for any direct reports.
3. Center Administration (15 %)
- Analyzes administrative needs of Center, recommends appropriate staffing and tools.
- Participates in the planning and execution of Center events as needed.
- Ensures that administrative needs of Center staff are satisfied on a timely basis.
- Supervises administrative staff, including regular staff and student workers, as appropriate.
4. Facilities Management (5%)
- Researches, prepares analyses, and makes recommendations to the Executive Director on space allocation needs within the Center, and oversees facility issues.
- Manages the Center’s facilities and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Business Management or Accounting preferred.
- Eight to ten years’ experience in administration and financial management. Experience with Peoplesoft financials a plus.
- An interest in and experience with social entrepreneurship a definite plus.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with Google tools a plus.
- Ability to organize projects from inception to completion and manage staff and workflow within and across multiple tasks and projects
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.