Director of Finance
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- If you think you could be a match, send your resume along with a brief overview about why you’re passionate and qualified to Andrew.email@example.com with the subject CFO/Finance Director Application by August 5th 2015.
Chief Financial Officer/Director of Finance
Company and Position Description
Africa is rapidly urbanizing and more people have access to a cell phone than a toilet. Sanivation is going to change that.
We’ve reimagined what delivering services look likes to the urban poor. For toilets, we install toilets inside of people’s homes for free and charge low monthly rates to service them, just like cell-phone providers. Then, instead of cutting costs by disposing waste in unregulated areas, we create revenue by containing waste and transforming it into charcoal briquettes. We are growing our work in our two market segments, refugee camps and urban communities.
We’re looking for a CFO/Director of Finance who is an exceptional finance professional with the ability to work with senior leaders and provide financial guidance on business strategies and plans.
We have a great team, and happy, paying customers, and are looking to find someone that is impassioned to help lead Sanivation though significant growth. We believe the best way to grow is to hire really good people and give them what they need to execute.
The CFO/Finance Director has overall responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and will be a key partner of the CEO and the founders of the company. Your time will be split between the strategic direction of the business and helping build, from the ground up, solid financial infrastructures, systems, accounting operations and processes to support future growth.
Strategy and Execution
· Partnering with Sanivation leadership and partners to drive enterprise strategy formulation and support operationalization of strategy
· Providing leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
· Co-directing and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the company
· Proactively developing recommendations to enhance financial performance and address potential business opportunities
· Guiding the structural and human capital needs of the business on an ongoing basis
· Provide an extroverted approach to finance, in terms of proactively checking with the relevant people inside and outside the company to resolve questions and continually improve
Performance & Decisions
· Assisting in defining and monitoring enterprise wide performance metrics and supplying the enterprise with necessary information to make decisions
· Developing clear financial performance metrics for on-going evaluation, analyzing strategic internal decisions, and externally showcasing financial and enterprise performance
· Preparing short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for regular performance tracking and for reporting to internal management and external parties
· Proactively developing recommendations for operational changes based on analysis of financial trends and forecasts
· Evaluating the company’s overall financial needs and partnering with Sanivation leadership on the annual operating budget
· Developing, implementing, and maintaining accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting and other corporate policies to insure appropriate controls
· Work with field staff to maintain and monitor data quality and ensure accuracy of financial data
· Manage financial systems implementation and administration
· Integrate an efficient ICT system for payments and transaction processing
Close, Consolidate & Report
· Performing an effective and efficient monthly and quarterly close processes
· Capturing, summarizing, analyzing and reporting financial results and related disclosures to management and external stakeholders
Risk and Controls
· Establishing analytic and reporting framework to identify, measure, monitor, manage, and mitigate financial and operational risks
· Operating effective internal controls over financial reporting to mitigate operational risks
Regulation and Compliance
· Develop governance framework and processes that drives compliance, control, accountability, and transparency
· Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
Skills and Experience You Need:
· 3+ years in finance & operations leadership role – ideally from a Big 4 accounting firm
· Strong operational and investment finance experience, including all aspects of forecasting, financial reporting, budgeting, and analysis
· Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning plus organizational skills
· Strong financial modeling skills
· Creativity with funding mechanisms that can both cover costs and generate operating margins
· A big vision yet detailed oriented
· Passion and a sense of humor
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline, MBA preferred
· A desire to live and work in Kenya
What you get
· Flexible schedules and leadership opportunities in an entrepreneurial team culture.
· Helping to shape an award-winning social enterprise that is poised for rapid growth.
· A competitive compensation package with growth potential.
If you think you could be a match send your resume along with a brief overview about why you’re passionate and qualified to Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject CFO/Finance Director Application by August 5th 2015.