Director of Financial Services
- Pro Mujer
- Mexico City, Lima Peru, Bolivia
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
About Pro Mujer
Pro Mujer is a leading women’s development organization and a mission-driven social enterprise that harnesses the power of innovation to drive transformative, sustainable ideas to scale. Pro Mujer empowers women to realize their full potential and delivers vital services that help women lift themselves out of scarcity, run successful businesses, invest in their own wellbeing, and uplift their families and communities. Today, Pro Mujer serves nearly 300,000 women in Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru and employs over 1,800 dedicated people across Latin America and the US.
Since 1990, Pro Mujer has disbursed more than US$3 billion in small loans and provided business and empowerment training, and preventative, primary and reproductive health care to millions of women and their families in Latin America, transforming lives and communities.
Scope of Work
The Director of Financial Services will lead Pro Mujer’s financial services offering across Latin America. He/she will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be a key member of the leadership team. The DFS will lead the global financial services function and be responsible for developing and implementing Pro Mujer’s financial service strategy and products, and position Pro Mujer as an innovative financial service provider in Latin America. He/she will work closely with the executive team, country directors, and financial services teams in countries to design and execute robust global initiatives. In addition, the DFS will play a key role in seeking and negotiating both for-profit and non-profit impactful solutions as Pro Mujer becomes a large-scale social enterprise platform.
• Design Pro Mujer’s financial services strategy and products in collaboration with the executive team and country teams to provide sustainable, high-quality services, implement innovative and impactful for-profit- and non-profit solutions;
• In alignment with Pro Mujer’s strategic plan, work closely with all local and global staff to ensure the coordination of all financial services, and ensure strategies are properly implemented; the reporting of activities, results etc. are accurate and timely;
• Work closely with country directors, HR, and audit & compliance to ensure proper training of staff, appropriate staffing, and compliance with local and international regulations;
• Work with the alliance team, finance team, country teams etc. to create and execute a sustainable financial strategy plan, including but not limited to; budgeting, allocating financial and human capital resources, tracking and forecasting finances and other resources;
• Report and inform the financial services program and portfolio to the Board of Directors and the Executive Team e.g. strategic plans, results, and other relevant information;
• Liaise with operations, IT, finance, HR, legal, audit & Alliance teams to ensure collaboration and communication with colleagues in particular on the strategic direction of the organization;
• Lead the financial services team to develop and implement reporting and management tools to measure financial services, evaluate results, reports and metrics of existing and new products and services and training models. This includes designing and implementing means of monitoring third-party lenders etc;
• Support the funding of operations; contribute to the fundraising of activities through loans from national and international sources, and sources of liquidity to maintain operations and portfolio funding;
• Implement global strategies that provide timely follow-up to current clients and seek to increase the services provided, identify new markets, niches and/or line of business to promote the services of the organization and conduct a thorough analysis of existing options in the market and identify business opportunities for Pro Mujer;
• Generate and analyze financial indicators and establish the necessary triggers and dashboards aimed at ensuring that these indicators reflect optimal results;
• Maintain relationships with investors and keep them abreast of portfolio risks and opportunities.
• Born leader with a natural ability to lead teams, develop natural talent, strategic thinker with strong networks and curiosity to keep abreast of industry trends, set the direction for innovation, services and product development in the financial arena. An individual with a proven track record of developing sustainable, low risk and innovative programs;
• A minimum of ten years working in a bank, micro lending institution administering g financial services with relevant supervisory experience. Master\’s Degree in business administration, finance, or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Direct experience working in Latin America offering financial services to women;
• Seasoned project manager with the capacity to establish priorities, allocate resources and ability to make quick and hard decisions regarding complex international financial products and services programs;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues to co-design programs, ensure buy-in and support of the program and services at the country level;
• Leader with demonstrated ability to engage multicultural staff, collaborate with a team and delegate to achieve multiple operating and strategic goals;
• Ability to empower direct reports and staff members to fulfill their full potential and encourage staff to challenge assumptions and think outside the box;
• Presence, experience, and maturity to meet with key stakeholders within and outside the micro lending community: for-profit and non-profit leaders, investors, donors, media figures, researchers, universities, individual donors, senior corporate executives, and directors of major foundations;
• Experience with budget management and financial forecasting;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills working at various levels within and outside the organization;
• Ability to effectively analyze, synthesize, and present complex information in a clear and convincing manner.
• English and Spanish fluency required.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
• Preferred location: is Mexico Peru or Bolivia; however, flexible to work other solutions for the right candidate (relocation expenses will not be covered).
To apply please submit your application to HR@PROMUJER.org with your resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, annual salary expectations and the name of the site where you heard about the position.
Any applications sent without salary expectation and sent directly to Pro Mujer staff will NOT be considered.