Director of Global Health
- Pro Mujer, Inc
- Mexico City, Mexico / Lima, Peru / flexible USA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Shon Morris
The Director of Global Health will lead PMI’s health and wellbeing offering which commits to providing quality, convenient and affordable healthcare, social services and education to our clients. He/she reports to the Chief Executive Officer, is a key part of PMI’s leadership team and heads the international health department. He/she is responsible for developing and overall implementation of Pro Mujer’s health strategy (together with the executive team) and positioning Pro Mujer as an innovative and quality healthcare provider in Latin America. The Director of Global Health oversees PM’s health programs, working closely with Country Directors and health teams in country to design and execute all health initiatives. The Director of Global Health plays a key role in seeking and negotiation of both for-profit and nonprofit impactful solutions, as Pro Mujer becomes a large-scale social enterprise.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. He/she will be a proactive, strategic thinker and problem solver, committed and passionate about bringing high-quality, affordable and sustainable healthcare to our clients.
Pro Mujer currently has a staff of approximately 150 general physicians, nurses, and health supervisors and managers, working across five countries, providing thousands of health check-ups and other services each year. Working closely with the executive team and in-country managers, The Director of Global Health will redesign Pro Mujer’s health strategy to ensure greater impact and sustainability, and implement the required changes mandated by the new strategy across the region.
The Director of Global Health works closely with the Country Directors, health staff and the development team to design, fund and implement specific programs, based on the overall strategy, that strengthen PMI healthcare services. Pro Mujer plans to expand services to clients by identifying innovations in healthcare and forming partnerships and alliances with high-quality, healthcare providers. To achieve this, the Director of Global Health must build and cultivate long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with health donors and functional, sustainable partners based on trust and clear delivery of results. Finally, The Director of Global Health is responsible to work with all departments, including the IT team, to ensure that there are solid metrics and that results are measured and transparently reported to donors, country teams, the executive team, the Board of Directors and, most of all, to clients.
• Design Pro Mujer’s health strategy in collaboration with the executive team and country teams to provide sustainable, high-quality, affordable care for PMI clients, implementing innovative, impactful for-profit and nonprofit solutions.
• Building from the Strategic Plan, work closely with the health staff to ensure delivery of high quality healthcare, wellbeing and health education services to clients, coordinating country health leaders in their supervisory activities to ensure strategies are properly implemented, and that reporting is accurate and timely. Work closely with Country Directors and health staff to ensure proper training, appropriate staffing and compliance with international standards of quality of care.
• Maintain connections with global health and nutrition trends, including innovations in maternal and child health, health systems strengthening, community health workers, gender-based violence mitigation and public-private partnerships. Identify innovative providers of health services for potential partnerships and/or investment.
• Work with the development, alliance, finance and country teams to create and execute a sustainable financial strategy and plan, including budgeting, allocating financial and human capital resources, and tracking and forecasting finances and other resources.
• Represent the health program to the PM Board of Directors and the Executive Team. Present strategic plans, results, and other relevant information.
• Liaise with operations, IT, finance, HR, development and alliance teams to ensure collaboration and communication with colleagues, in particular on the strategic direction of the organization.
• Lead team to develop and implement reporting and management tools to measure health services and training impact. Evaluate results, reports, and metrics of existing and new health services and health training models. This includes designing and implementing means of monitoring third-party providers.
• Collaborate with the Development team on the cultivation of potential donors, development of proposals, strengthening of existing relationships, and reporting to investors and partners. Position Pro Mujer as a leader and expert in the health and social welfare sector. Present at conferences, panels and meetings to increase visibility.
• Strategic thinker with strong networks and curiosity to keep abreast of industry trends. Creativity and leadership ability to set the direction for innovation, new services and product development in health and human development department. An individual with a track record of developing innovative programs.
• A minimum of seven years of clinical and health administration work experience with relevant supervisory experience. Master\’s Degree in health administration, public health, international affairs, business administration, public administration or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Direct experience working in the field on women’s health related topics, such as reproductive health, domestic violence and gender-based violence, as well as experience working in wellness, chronic disease management, and population health management in Latin America. Passion and knowledge to improve physical, mental, and social health of women. On-the-ground experience working in the health field in Latin America, especially in low-resource settings.
• Seasoned project manager with the capacity to establish priorities, allocate resources and make at times hard decisions regarding complex international health programs. Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues to co-design health programs, ensuring buy-in and support of the health program at the country level.
• Leader with demonstrated ability to engage multicultural staff, collaborate with a team and delegate authority to achieve multiple operating and strategic goals. Ability to empower managers and staff members to fulfill their potential and to encourage staff to challenge assumptions.
• Presence, experience, and maturity to meet with key stakeholders within and outside the health community: for-profit and nonprofit leaders, investors, donors, media figures, researchers, universities, individual donors, senior corporate executives, and directors of major foundations.
• Experience with budget management.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills working at varied levels within and outside the organization. Ability to effectively analyze, synthesize, and present complex information in a clear and convincing manner.
• Experience in working with donors is a plus.
• English and Spanish fluency required.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
To apply, please submit to HR@PROMUJER.org your resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, salary expectations and the name of the site where you heard about the position. Any applications sent directly to Pro Mujer staff will be disqualified.