Director of Impact
- Kiva Microfunds
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Kiva seeks to continually evaluate and refine its unique crowdfunding model to maximize impact for multiple stakeholders, including borrowers, field partners, lenders, and institutional funders.
The Director of Impact will lead a small team whose focus includes research on and development of new products and services, monitoring and evaluation, and partnership management. This person will provide technical advice, managerial guidance, and operational expertise, playing a leading role in sharpening and advancing Kiva’s innovative products, impact framework, and strategic partnerships. The ideal candidate is a flexible, strategic thinker with an ability to rally disparate people around a common cause. The Director of Impact will report to the Vice President of Global Partnerships.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
– Lead Kiva’s internal innovation lab with a mandate to ideate, test, and operationalize new products and processes that expand the impact of the Kiva platform
– Provide thought leadership and influence on new opportunities to increase Kiva’s impact
– Craft impact strategy and clarify ambiguous business opportunities using data-driven hypothesis tests
– Work closely with Management to ensure alignment on the vision and strategy for impact
– Collaborate effectively in cross-functional project teams to achieve tangible results
– Direct high-level strategy and projects related to Kiva’s impact framework in both global and U.S. portfolios, working with cross-functional teams across the organization
– Communicate Kiva’s impact strategy and results internally and externally
– Provide thought leadership for advancing monitoring, evaluation, and learning within field-based projects
– Oversee Kiva’s monitoring and evaluation systems and projects
– Serve as Kiva’s external ambassador on impact, with some global travel for key conferences and events
– Steward existing donor engagements by monitoring grant implementation and sharing relevant updates with donor staff
– Liaise with Development team to support quarterly analyses for donor reporting and troubleshoot issues during program implementation
– Work closely with Development team to pursue new high-value partnerships with companies and foundations
– Manage high strategic value global partnerships
– A Bachelor degree in a related field (economics, business, international development, public policy)
– 7+ years work experience in international development, fintech, international finance, monitoring and evaluation, strategic partnerships management, and/or business development
– Experience managing and cultivating external partnerships
– Knowledge of data collection, presentation of data, and data management
– Ability to think creatively and provide thoughtful, agile insights
– Ability to develop, maintain, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate reporting to key stakeholders
– A graduate degree in a related field (economics, business, international development, public policy)
– Experience working in the intersection of technology and social enterprise
– Experience with monitoring and evaluation field studies
– Experience in lean technology solutions for data collection, decision making, and product testing
– Experience managing local and remote teams
What We Offer
– An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe.
– An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
– Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
– Casual work environment, located in a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco.
– A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
– Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
***A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva\’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
To apply, please visit our careers page http://grnh.se/bkiacw1
Kiva (www.kiva.org) is a mission-driven technology company. We run a global marketplace platform for crowd-funded micro-loans to serve the financially excluded. Kiva combines the culture and approach of an internet start-up with a mission to alleviate poverty. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.”
Kiva has raised over $900 million in loan capital for more than 2.3 million borrowers in 82 countries. Kiva’s lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level – targeting $1 billion in loans by mid-2017 and continuing our expansion into new areas such as local lending in the US, student loans, water, clean energy, and agriculture. Headquartered in San Francisco, Kiva’s team has 100+ employees and 300+ volunteers worldwide.