Director of Individual and Institutional Giving
- Youth Empowerment Project
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) is a community-based, 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that provides an array of mentoring, educational, employment training, case management and enrichment programming to underserved youth and young adults in the Greater New Orleans region. YEP strives to always provide the highest quality services to all of our youth and their families.
YEP is expanding our Development Team and we’re looking for an experienced development professional to join us as our Director of Individual and Institutional Giving.
The Director of Individual and Institutional Giving will share our Core Values:
RESPECT YEP believes all people have value and should be treated with dignity.
INTEGRITY YEP is honest and sincere.
PROGRESS YEP believes in ongoing learning and innovation.
KINDNESS YEP is caring and generous.
ACCOUNTABILITY YEP is responsible to its participants, families, community, donors and other stakeholders.
The Director of Individual and Institutional Giving will lead a collaborative Development team and will focus primarily on individual and corporate donors. The Director of Individual and Institutional Giving will proactively identify, solicit, and develop relationships with prospective donors and implement strategies to maintain and expand current relationships. The Director of Individual and Institutional Giving will be responsible for planning donor and fundraising events and developing presentations to increase donor awareness. The Director of Individual and Institutional Giving will work closely with the Director of Communications (who will be primarily responsible for grants management), the Executive Director, and the President of the Board of Directors.
Director of Individual and Institutional Giving key responsibilities include:
· Develop and execute a comprehensive individual and corporate fundraising plan
· Manage and maintain a growing portfolio of donors and new prospects; develop and maintain personal relationships with each; and implement individual solicitation, cultivation, and renewal strategies
· Identify and conduct research on new corporate and philanthropic funding opportunities and develop solicitation and cultivation strategies for each
· Plan and implement special events, donor tours, and presentations to further YEP’s fundraising goals
· Regularly monitor and report on progress of short term and long term fundraising goals
· Work closely with the Board of Directors to further fundraising goals
· Demonstrated success with and ability to identify, solicit, cultivate, and maintain individual and corporate donors and proven track record of meeting revenue goals
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in the development field
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Friendly, charismatic, and outgoing personality
· Ability to be flexible and adapt to last minute assignments or changes
· Team player who can lead as well as pitch in where needed
· Attention to detail, accuracy, adherence to deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and lead team members
· Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to process workflow in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter and resume in order to be considered for this position. All materials should be emailed to Megan Faunce at firstname.lastname@example.org.